• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many board members create their own art?

85 posts in this topic

hey mister, it's no worse than half of the indies put out in the 80's and it's in color[/Quote]

Thanks for the kind words. I was a teen when I was making these comic. I just recently discovered I still had them around. When I look back at what I drew and think how lame my art was. I haven't drawn much of anything in years. I'm actually a pretty good story writer than an artist. Maybe I should start up a RACEWAY thread and post some of the comics there. Let me know what you all think?

RacewayPin-UpPage.jpg

Lots of great work everyone! I am shocked to see so much talent! I knew some of you were good from before, but there is a lot of new talent being displayed.

I still need to buy one of RyanH's pieces, he is incredible! :cloud9:

here are a few of my favorite pieces I have done:

2435346418_7a137d1d5a_o.jpg

3021134116_8107b850ae_o.jpg

470089897_0919b80a09_o.jpg

3021132322_7a5cc39eb0_o.jpg

Lots of great work everyone! I am shocked to see so much talent! I knew some of you were good from before, but there is a lot of new talent being displayed.

:cry:

hey mister, it's no worse than half of the indies put out in the 80's and it's in color[/Quote]

Thanks for the kind words. I was a teen when I was making these comic. I just recently discovered I still had them around. When I look back at what I drew and think how lame my art was. I haven't drawn much of anything in years. I'm actually a pretty good story writer than an artist. Maybe I should start up a RACEWAY thread and post some of the comics there. Let me know what you all think?

RacewayPin-UpPage.jpg

more raceway!

Yes, more Raceway please, post all you have if you want, it's not showboating if people ask you to post more. And I really like how your youthful approach really captured the cool factor that comics had for all of us. 2 way Radio helmets, gadget cars, guest stars.. Hey who were the guest stars? hm

And a no prize from Stan?.. thats pretty cool all in itself.

I can draw. (I think)

Someone name a character(s) they'd like to see and let's see if we can do some worthwhile original art for the VCC Charity Auction? (Bundled with some nice books, of course, with all proceeds going to the Hero Initiative (thumbs u .)

I guarantee you that it will not be bad... (I hope.) :wishluck:

Some VERY old artwork... I should be much better now. (For instance, her gun is too small. Her hips are also a bit narrow, etc. I can see all the mistakes.) :wishluck:

sus650.jpg

nicely done hands, which are always tough

Hey Shiver, nice use of color!

I have been published in comics more than 80 times though many of the publications have been with me as the letterer. I rarely get comic work as a letterer nowadays since the computer has taken over. I still make money doing hand lettering, currently signage for a book store. I have been published as an artist and writer perhaps ten times in the past year. The problem is almost nobody sees them. It is like working in a vaccuum. It doesn't pay much either. I will go back to it when I run out of better paying work and work that more than a few people will actually see. I have done some work as a portrait artist. This is my most recent portrait. It's actual size is 24" by 30".

Philomena

Nice Ron. This has a American South Western influence in style and colors. Nice blending on her face.

Along with being the Art-Director for the M.C.B.A. I am also a professional

illustrator/Fine artist.

A Wonder Woman illustration used on our poster for Micro Con in Minnesota.

1813085576_0a624deba4_o.jpg

And a Red Sonja tight rough for a current color commission.

3039910365_333532356f_o.jpg

More of my Comic book related illustrations can be seen on my CAF gallery.

My CAF Gallery

There certainly is a lot of beautiful work up here.

For Grandz-- Strangely the painting was done for someone in the American South West (it's up on a wall in Cental California). The influence is not a conscious one. Like many other artists I start with Burnt Siena and build up, using both colour theory and my own sense of what looks good. In the end, I usually end up with a brown portrait and blue/green in the background. I will try to have some dard around the face. The hair is easy but on a collar or dress I often throw in Payne's grey which when tinted looks dark blue. The compositions, like Mona Lisa, are triangles. The paintings themselves are usually done from about a dozen photographs where I take pictures of the person on the whole, her hands, her face, her jewels and background details.

For Shadow- Thanks for the kind words. I haven't drawn superhero stuff in decades because no one wants to publish it. Later today when I have some time, I will put up some comic strip work and some calligraphy.

This is a great thread. It's really nice to see everyone's (is that possesive or plural?) work.Great stuff.

I'm an illustrator/animator, and in my spare time I write bad cartoon poetry. This piece is from around 2004. I've since learned that dodge and burn hi-lights/shadows are not the end-all/be-all of Photoshop. The stout in the glass turned out alright.

tdiptx3.th.jpg