• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Listing for Comic books packaged in Marvel Action Figures?

20 posts in this topic

Anyone know of a list for the comic books that are packaged with the Marvel Action Figures? I searched in Overstreet in both the regular & promo section with no luck. Typical values? I know nothing about the action figure market so I have no clue if some are rarer than others.

Thanks.

They make chase figures, I.E. variants, but they come with the same comic as the regular figures. I guess you would have to find out the production run on each figure and then you would know the actual numbers for the books. I really doubt that they are that rare.

Appreciate the reply ECH. I was more just looking for a check list of all books made to date. Couldn't find a listing, but did a little more research & it appears the are listed under Marvel Legends. Was able to find a listing on the Lonestar Comics site.

Hey guys,

New to the list and excited to be able to finally jump into the forum and post.

I thought this might be a COOL Idea to collect and started looking around Ebay and found a HUGE number of these listed for sale right now.

There are about 75-80+ single comic listings by crimsontidecollectibles.

Did anyone come up w/ a HARD number of these books that were printed?

Has anyone ordered from these guys? They look solid from the feedback but just wondering if anyone had firsthand experience with them.

Anyway, here's a link for one of these auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270308633453&category=32726&_trksid=p2773.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D40%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D54

Thanks for any info you guys can give me. Later, Mike.

they are a fun run to collect. I have been working on it off and on, and have enough unique duplicates to make shipping worthwhile to anyone interested. Feel free to PM me if anyone is interested in a list.

I wish I could say I have a complete set, but some of the books are tough to find without the figure, and I do not have the room or money to collect packaged sets with figures. I have also not been interested in buying a set just to break out the book.

I would say that real high grade is difficult just due to the nature of the packaging. Lots of books I see have spine stress because of the package.

I gave up making a set a while back. I had well over 60 or so at the time. High Grade as SA said is near impossible. I think I have truly only had one or two NM or higher copies out of over 150 of them.(Including many multiples)

The books that are exact duplicates sell for the most. X-men books are then second. After that is just the covers that look the most striking because many copies use covers from other books. The most striking copy I like is KS Avengers Annual 10. Great Ms Marvel Cover.

Other books just depend on interest of buyer. Some of the Thor covers sold well for me from the JIM issue. Tales of Suspense I sold out of the 1st Iron Man and I had 3 copies when the movie came out.

ksavengers.jpg

I gave up making a set a while back. I had well over 60 or so at the time. High Grade as SA said is near impossible. I think I have truly only had one or two NM or higher copies out of over 150 of them.(Including many multiples)

The books that are exact duplicates sell for the most. X-men books are then second. After that is just the covers that look the most striking because many copies use covers from other books. The most striking copy I like is KS Avengers Annual 10. Great Ms Marvel Cover.

Other books just depend on interest of buyer. Some of the Thor covers sold well for me from the JIM issue. Tales of Suspense I sold out of the 1st Iron Man and I had 3 copies when the movie came out.

ksavengers.jpg

I actually like the ones with new covers like the ASM 121, Doctor Strange, and Red Skull.

ksavengers.jpg

That's a much nicer cover than on the original book.

I've picked up a reasonably large lot in the last few weeks at cheap prices. I'd think that since the books aren't going directly into the hands of comic collectors for the most part, that many of them are getting trashed over time. Down the road, they could be a decent variant set to put together. I do wish that more info was kept on them. Be nice to know which are the scarcer books & what book was included with what figure, etc.

I've picked up a reasonably large lot in the last few weeks at cheap prices. I'd think that since the books aren't going directly into the hands of comic collectors for the most part, that many of them are getting trashed over time. Down the road, they could be a decent variant set to put together. I do wish that more info was kept on them. Be nice to know which are the scarcer books & what book was included with what figure, etc.

did you see this?

marvel legends reprints gallery

it is a work in progress, and may have some problems, but is a project that has not been on the top of the list. contributions and comments are appreciated.

as far as distribution and print runs go for these, that is well out of my area.

I have had fun collecting these for years. Wait till the high grade enthusiasts start chasing them. Because these books are handled so much that above NM is extremely difficult. I think some of these will surpass Joe 21 as one of the most difficult to get high grade. It will be awhile before they start chasing.

I agree Harry I like the new covers as well its just that Avengers cover just screams wow. I think it was actual a Marvel Knights cover to some book.

did you see this?

it is a work in progress, and may have some problems, but is a project that has not been on the top of the list. contributions and comments are appreciated.

as far as distribution and print runs go for these, that is well out of my area.

The link to the Series 6 X-men #133 shows an image that is clearly marked as Series III

did you see this?

The link to the Series 6 X-men #133 shows an image that is clearly marked as Series III

yea, there are some problems. it is a start though. I think there are scans in the intergal that have not been uploaded too. like I said, there is not much appreciation for these at the moment, and the gallery is being done piecemeal. I only have so many of these things, and alot of what is absent are ones I am missing. I am not actively putting a run together ATM, because I am trying to stay focused on selling some dupes, and searching for the last couple variants I need for other runs. I guess that when I acomplish another goal or two, I can turn some more attention back to working on these.

as usual, any other input, help, assistance, and scans are greatly appreciated, and those contributors will get credit when the site evloves into a more complete gallery.

Thanks for all the new info. I'm hoping to win a few soont. If I win some, I'll post some images over the next few days. If anyone else is interested in some, here is a link to one of the auctions I'm not bidding on by this seller who has a ton up for sale and ending tonight:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260322374040&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=016

Wish me luck.

Later, Mike.

Thanks for all the new info. I'm hoping to win a few soont. If I win some, I'll post some images over the next few days. If anyone else is interested in some, here is a link to one of the auctions I'm not bidding on by this seller who has a ton up for sale and ending tonight:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260322374040&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=016

Wish me luck.

Later, Mike.

I bet you win on all the ones you bid on.