• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,929 posts in this topic

I haven't had time to scan and post for a fairly long while, so this is a bit of a luxury. Pardon the bags.

Spent this afternoon going to the excellent one-day show in Woburn, MA to take care of some business, and ending up buying these gems. Unfortunately, according to GACollectibles and Pontoon, I missed the real blowout. Just before I got there, the seller of these books started selling HG bronze for a buck a book. One guy bought about 6 short boxes, including all of the Marvel horror, and what I suspect were beautiful early-mid 70's Archies. The books all looked like NM's in the bags, but closer inspection found lots of NBCs and pen indentations. I still managed to pull out these gems for about $5 a book. Range from 8.5 -9.4 with most being 9.2's.

Psyched about this one. Looks unread--don't know if the tear on the llc is bindery or not. Definitely the sweetest bargain copy I've come across.

IMG_0002-28.jpg

This whole run of Superman Family has great nostalgic value for me, so I was VERY pleased with them.

IMG_0001-29.jpg

IMG-36.jpg]

Some sweet DC war.

IMG_0004-23.jpg

A nice Lois:

IMG_0005-22.jpg]

And good Adams cover:

IMG_0006-19.jpg

And some random DC's:

IMG_0013-5.jpg

IMG_0010-12.jpg

A Harvey I was pleased with:

IMG_0012-6.jpg

And some very nice Marvel reprints, including picture frames.

IMG_0017-2.jpg]

[IMG_0016-3.jpg

IMG_0015-4.jpg

IMG_0007-17.jpg

IMG_0014-4.jpg

IMG_0011-9.jpg

And a couple of Little Archie Giants

IMG_0009-13.jpg

IMG_0008-17.jpg

Edited by silverandbronze

Took me awhile to find this thread all the way on the second page....

Finally, the trifecta complete... :banana: Number 96 just won today, 97 bought raw from Harley (as I passed on his cgc 9.4 for $600) and then submitted myself and bought 98 from a fellow boardie...

ASM96cgc9_4CL.jpg

ASM96cgc9_4wp.jpg

asm98.jpg