• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,936 posts in this topic

This just came in. I believe this was Greg Reece's old copy. It's probably been passed around from a boarder or two as well. I sort of broke my own promise of not paying too much for this book, but in my defense, I didn't expect to win it (where are the snipers when you need them). Although not cheap by any means, it went for MUCH lower than what I thought it was going to be.

batman222.jpg

Now to hide the bill from the wife.

Here's some sweet British foreign books that I picked up from my friends (thumbs u Captain Britain #1, #2, & #24 all came with there free gifts included :cloud9:

003_zpsa7969c7e.jpg

006_zps68cbbf7d.jpg

Big thanks again to my buddy Liam for hooking me up with this Awesome copy of Captain Britain #8 :applause:

Really sweet, just a thing: the original Captain Britain stories (prior to the costume change and the Moore storylines) were ever reprinted in a TPB or printed in the USA?

Now Liam should find me a nicely priced #8… :cloud9:

It’s already been a while, but now I have a beautiful Daredevils collection (#1-11) in VFNM condition, thanks to a UK seller. :cloud9:

Al have original Captain Britain material and Miller Daredevil stories in B&W – the cover of #11 is already one of my favorites cover EVER, and it is monochromatic (white), as most of the more striking covers are…

fehrPJOh.jpg

W2XFAxph.jpg

It’s already been a while, but now I have a beautiful Daredevils collection (#1-11) in VFNM condition, thanks to a UK seller. :cloud9:

Al have original Captain Britain material and Miller Daredevil stories in B&W – the cover of #11 is already one of my favorites cover EVER, and it is monochromatic (white), as most of the more striking covers are…

fehrPJOh.jpg

W2XFAxph.jpg

I thought every comic artist had that rough period at the beginning where they were still refining their skills and just glad to have a job. I've never seen Alan Davis' rough beginnings. It all looks great.

This just came in. I believe this was Greg Reece's old copy. It's probably been passed around from a boarder or two as well. I sort of broke my own promise of not paying too much for this book, but in my defense, I didn't expect to win it (where are the snipers when you need them). Although not cheap by any means, it went for MUCH lower than what I thought it was going to be.

batman222.jpg

Now to hide the bill from the wife.

Nice copy, Brian. I put in a tracking bid early on that one and thought it would go for much higher than what you ended up picking it up for. Congrats! (thumbs u

W2XFAxph.jpg I thought every comic artist had that rough period at the beginning where they were still refining their skills and just glad to have a job. I've never seen Alan Davis' rough beginnings. It all looks great.

Thanks! :D

In fact, raw beginnings are a bit earlier. The Alan Moore Captain Marvel already shows a pretty much mature trait, esepecially the final issues (written by Davis himself, with Jamie Delano) which immediately preceed the story in New Mutants Annual #2. :cloud9:

Ladies and gentleman I finally own a copy of Batman #232 - one of my all-time favorite stories. I have been looking for a copy of this at a decent price for 18 months!

This feeling....this feeling I feel right now...is why I collect comics :cloud9: The thrill of the hunt is such a great part of this hobby.

ff0kyw.jpg

Ladies and gentleman I finally own a copy of Batman #232 - one of my all-time favorite stories. I have been looking for a copy of this at a decent price for 18 months!

This feeling....this feeling I feel right now...is why I collect comics :cloud9: The thrill of the hunt is such a great part of this hobby.

ff0kyw.jpg

Congrats. That was actually the first book I bought after taking 30 years off from the hobby. This was just over 2 years ago and now my Adams Bats collection is nearly complete. It all started with 232 though.

ff0kyw.jpg

Congrats. That was actually the first book I bought after taking 30 years off from the hobby. This was just over 2 years ago and now my Adams Bats collection is nearly complete. It all started with 232 though.

Is the top staple still hanging on?

Some of you might remember these.

$(KGrHqJHJBYFHKY96gDPBRy08GtPh!~~60_57.JPG

This came as a bundle. I got it primarily because I was missing the Batman book, which is an almost forgotten piece of Neal Adams Bats history. Usually these come fairly beat up with the record missing, but these were in beautiful condition with the LPs looking like they were never played.

I have the FF one in equally nice condition.

Yes, they often have wear, I picked the FF because I don’t have that issue yet, and they choose to reprint a particularly apt story (as it retells the FF origin).

Lovely Man-Wolf, ’though! :)

ff0kyw.jpg

One of my favorite Bat books,and aside from the Joker Ra's is my favorite villain.