• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,923 posts in this topic

Avengers Annual #10 is also where Rogue appears and Carol is apparently "syphoned" of her powers? I still miss it, too. And I understand perfectly, as I look for raw books and sometimes it is tough to find nice copies when there is a raising interest like now with the Ms. Marvels…

Just in: the first issue of the Mighty World of Marvel (British magazine) with X-Men #141 and the final issue of Captain Britain magazine (vol.2, #14) featuring Betsy Braddock and predating the events in New Mutants Annual #2. I love the cover… :cloud9:

KLCWpe9h.jpg

muRBHMKh.jpg

Nice! Yeah, Avengers annual #10 Rogue absorbs Ms. Marvel's powers, but she's saved by Spider-Woman. Carol Danvers next appears in X-Men #150 powerless. Got a nice copy last week, and posted a pic of it in this thread on page #177.

Nice! Yeah, Avengers annual #10 Rogue absorbs Ms. Marvel's powers, but she's saved by Spider-Woman. Carol Danvers next appears in X-Men #150 powerless. Got a nice copy last week, and posted a pic of it in this thread on page #177.

Yes I know, I have #150. I must get an Avengers Annual #10. :)

Avengers Annual #10 is also where Rogue appears and Carol is apparently "syphoned" of her powers? I still miss it, too. And I understand perfectly, as I look for raw books and sometimes it is tough to find nice copies when there is a raising interest like now with the Ms. Marvels…

Just in: the first issue of the Mighty World of Marvel (British magazine) with X-Men #141 and the final issue of Captain Britain magazine (vol.2, #14) featuring Betsy Braddock and predating the events in New Mutants Annual #2. I love the cover… :cloud9:

KLCWpe9h.jpg

Cool book! I never saw that one before. :applause:

KLCWpe9h.jpg

Cool book! I never saw that one before. :applause:

Actually, as far as printing quality goes, it’s a mess. I hoped the X-Men story was well printed so I would have avoided to buy an X-Men #141 (which I still miss), but the four color part is printed so badly that I could cry. :(

It’s mostly a collectible being a foreign edition and not just a Pence copy (they had both in the UK: the Pence copy of #141 and then the story is also printed here).

A couple of recent pick-ups. Unfortunately, they've got the indentations on the back of the inner well ( link ). I'm about ready to quit collecting CGC books because of the recent defects in the encapsulation method (since about 2012). :pullhair:

FF140_CGC96_Front_zps357b85b9.jpg

FF149_CGC96_Front_zps16067601.jpg

Picked these up in the last couple of weeks:

DCSpecial28a_zps8d52208a.jpg

This is in really tight shape and got it for a song. Don Newton's first work on Aquaman. I love Don Newton and I love Aquaman, but I must admit that the two are not the most complimentary. Newton's style was much better suited for Batman.

Aquaman57a_zps5cd80e26.jpg

Very happy to have this back in my collection!

UFOFlylingSaucers11a_zps445cb67b.jpg

UFOFlylingSaucers24a_zpsf23c7a4c.jpg

Love the cover on 11! The writing is dull and the art is nothing to write home about, but the covers are great and I dig the whole "the truth is out there!" tone.

BattleofthePlanets10a_zpsdbf765ec.jpg

Kinda always procrastinated on getting this series again ever since I had to sell 1 and 2 years ago. But this was a nice NM and didn't have to pay a premium for it.