• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,923 posts in this topic

Big thanks to Frankie & rjrjr for getting me all caught up on my Boba Fett hunt (thumbs u

017_zps89ca1f85.jpg

Beautiful books. :banana: Is anyone else reminded of the Darth Vader carrying case whenever they see the magazine or Treasure covers for the ESB comics? It's like the artist was using the carrying case as the model for the cover.

Edited by rjrjr

Picked up a couple upgrades to my Bronze Bats collection:

b235a_zpsabcb8350.jpg

Sorry about the glare, but I can't get a clean scan on these deep CGC wells.

b238a_zps44cfde81.jpg

The discoloration on the cape is external on the case (whew). I hadn't expected one of the three 9.4's to ever become available, and had resigned myself to the 9.2 (Greggy's old under-copy when he upgraded to one of the other 9.4).

b238a_zps44cfde81.jpgThe discoloration on the cape is external on the case (whew). I hadn't expected one of the three 9.4's to ever become available, and had resigned myself to the 9.2 (Greggy's old under-copy when he upgraded to one of the other 9.4).
I know the label says Neal Adams, and GCD says it's Neal Adams with Giordano inks, but this must be one of the lamest Neal Adams covers ever. I don't say that to disrespect the comic or the purchase, because it's great to have one of the 100-pg giants in great condition. Maybe the cover was drawn by someone in Neal's studio, and Neal got the art credit for it. Usually, Neal would make even such a static cover seem like there was action. Plus, I don't see a signature anywhere on the front or back. There's a character map on the inside front. Does that indicate it was drawn by Neal?

Picked up a couple upgrades to my Bronze Bats collection:

b235a_zpsabcb8350.jpg

Sorry about the glare, but I can't get a clean scan on these deep CGC wells.

b238a_zps44cfde81.jpg

The discoloration on the cape is external on the case (whew). I hadn't expected one of the three 9.4's to ever become available, and had resigned myself to the 9.2 (Greggy's old under-copy when he upgraded to one of the other 9.4).

Two of my favorite BA Bats books. Good stuff!

b238a_zps44cfde81.jpgThe discoloration on the cape is external on the case (whew). I hadn't expected one of the three 9.4's to ever become available, and had resigned myself to the 9.2 (Greggy's old under-copy when he upgraded to one of the other 9.4).
I know the label says Neal Adams, and GCD says it's Neal Adams with Giordano inks, but this must be one of the lamest Neal Adams covers ever. I don't say that to disrespect the comic or the purchase, because it's great to have one of the 100-pg giants in great condition. Maybe the cover was drawn by someone in Neal's studio, and Neal got the art credit for it. Usually, Neal would make even such a static cover seem like there was action. Plus, I don't see a signature anywhere on the front or back. There's a character map on the inside front. Does that indicate it was drawn by Neal?

I took a look at the character map on the inside back cover...no reference to Adams there, but the front inside cover says "Cover by Neal Adams and Giordano". CGC seems to have it wrong on solely crediting Adams...

I agree, the art for this cover has all the excitement of a deflated baloon, especially when I look at the #235, but its one of the scarcest Bronze Bats in high grade, so a completionist like me is stoked to be able to secure one.

New to this sub-forum.

Picked these up at a local con this weekend:

I disagree. There's room for two Wonder Women.

c3338_zpsce0ce100.jpg

ManBat got a baby!

c03304_zpscc1b26ce.jpg

This one has it all!

a0748_zpsbb1d9d04.jpg

Hulk 50% mad!

a00904_zpsdb0971c4.jpg

Most of the WonderWoman's had bondage covers.

a00655_zps876a6bc2.jpg

The TOYMEN!

a00709_zps6b9eef1b.jpg

Marvel's TV sensation:

a00852_zps94d8ccf4.jpg

@cmixer: Love these Hulks, among my early Marvel readings (in italian) and great stories! :)

Where the Marvel Bronze Age (more or less) begins: I just received this, thanks to Wayne (marvelcollector), who gave me a great deal (has some staining but nothing at all, I’m just happy to have it!). :whee:

tvXYL6Jh.jpg

No sign of my copy of MSS #16 anywhere ! had to order that copy again, & looks like I'm picking up MSE #2 lol Thanks again Frankie (thumbs u

No problem bro! Your posting about the Star Wars issues made me wonder what my MSE #2 looked like. I also collect treasury issues and that one was not on my want list.....so I thought I had it. I did not. Only found that out due to your post. Thanks.

Quick eBay search and I found a pretty sweet copy. :headbang:

Still need two more to have them all.....I think. lol

31405b9db821619d3ef46b6e73f089c2_zps9e417a10.jpg[/img]

There are 8 or more editions...see my brazilian above.....