• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comgeek on Ebay

238 posts in this topic

Hate too say it but although it took longer then necessary, the book did arrive.

I would post a positive and judge the transaction through the ratings service provided.

Hate too say it but although it took longer then necessary, the book did arrive.

I would post a positive and judge the transaction through the ratings service provided.

Hmm Nik is generally a very wise man, I always appreciate you sharing your great greek wisdom. (no sarcasm)

Update.

I received the book today. It was shipped after my last email to him through Ebay stating if the book had not arrived by wednesday afternoon that I would file dispute with Ebay for a refund. I never had any contact with the seller, which OBVIOUSLY would have avoided any of this. Now what are the votes for feedback left?

And the book arrived safe, so that makes me happy. Everything else regarding this transaction has left me very unhappy with the ordeal. And I am glad I got to learn what I have about the seller.

:applause::applause:

Update.

I received the book today. It was shipped after my last email to him through Ebay stating if the book had not arrived by wednesday afternoon that I would file dispute with Ebay for a refund. I never had any contact with the seller, which OBVIOUSLY would have avoided any of this. Now what are the votes for feedback left?

And the book arrived safe, so that makes me happy. Everything else regarding this transaction has left me very unhappy with the ordeal. And I am glad I got to learn what I have about the seller.

:applause::applause:

Speaking of Drug and Alcohol free :insane:

How goes it ?

For those of you who think 2 weeks is "too long" to wait, please don't ever buy anything from me. :)

...now go smoke a bowl. :insane::flamed:

DRUG AND ALCOHOL FREE !! :sumo:

Although I will have around 3 drinks per year, but dont drink to get drunk.

that explains the anger and frustration at having to wait for a comic book to arrive.

:baiting::foryou:

...now go smoke a bowl. :insane::flamed:

DRUG AND ALCOHOL FREE !! :sumo:

Although I will have around 3 drinks per year, but dont drink to get drunk.

that explains the anger and frustration at having to wait for a comic book to arrive.

:baiting::foryou:

Pregnant wife :sumo:

I actually pride myself on slow shipping.

To me, it's like being fashionably late to a party. Shipping quickly reeks of desperation, and that's not how I roll. :grin:

I am sorry to hear that Steve may be ill and I only wish him a healthy and full recovery.

That said, I no longer choose to do business with Steve, and I say that having transacted nearly $200,000 in sales/purchases with him. He sold me my More Fun #52, and although I ultimately was pleased to receive the book, I lost complete faith in his honesty and professionalism.

I purchased the book from him as a CGC 5.5. Turns out he had purposefully hidden the book's past from everyone. It had been a CGC 6.5 restored. While I have absolutely no problems with the removal of restoration, it was the process that was undertaken that caused me to take offense. The book IS the Rockford pedigree copy (and the Nic Cage copy, though who cares). The pedigree designation was deliberately left off the resubmitted book in order to "launder" and disguise it from its former self, obviously in order to minimize or eliminate any potential stigma due to the restoration removal. It was a perfect example of how GREED is ruining this hobby. This book was part of a well-known pedigree and that history was being destroyed so that Steve could ensure he made some extra $$$$.

I found out the full details of what transpired as time went by and this, and other issues, led me to personally decide to cease any further business with Steve notwithstanding the fact that I could have profited from the relationship. Fortunately, CGC properly redesignated the book.

If people are not going to have principles in this hobby and be willing to stand up for what they believe in, then the community is really only about the money. And I am not willing to yet concede that is the case.

And the reason this is in this thread is because it has to do with steve's shipment of this package?

Mark, this is attacking a guy who isn't even on here and it has nothing to do with the "no longer missing" package.......

I am sure Steve has hurt himself here and does not need your help.

Awwwww, never mind, I am just a greedy seller..........

I am sorry to hear that Steve may be ill and I only wish him a healthy and full recovery.

That said, I no longer choose to do business with Steve, and I say that having transacted nearly $200,000 in sales/purchases with him. He sold me my More Fun #52, and although I ultimately was pleased to receive the book, I lost complete faith in his honesty and professionalism.

I purchased the book from him as a CGC 5.5. Turns out he had purposefully hidden the book's past from everyone. It had been a CGC 6.5 restored. While I have absolutely no problems with the removal of restoration, it was the process that was undertaken that caused me to take offense. The book IS the Rockford pedigree copy (and the Nic Cage copy, though who cares). The pedigree designation was deliberately left off the resubmitted book in order to "launder" and disguise it from its former self, obviously in order to minimize or eliminate any potential stigma due to the restoration removal. It was a perfect example of how GREED is ruining this hobby. This book was part of a well-known pedigree and that history was being destroyed so that Steve could ensure he made some extra $$$$.

I found out the full details of what transpired as time went by and this, and other issues, led me to personally decide to cease any further business with Steve notwithstanding the fact that I could have profited from the relationship. Fortunately, CGC properly redesignated the book.

If people are not going to have principles in this hobby and be willing to stand up for what they believe in, then the community is really only about the money. And I am not willing to yet concede that is the case.

And the reason this is in this thread is because it has to do with steve's shipment of this package?

Mark, this is attacking a guy who isn't even on here and it has nothing to do with the "no longer missing" package.......

Money is stupid. :sumo:

Send it all to me! lol

And the book arrived on the next day after it was shipped. NY to NJ isnt very far.

Culturally, it is. :baiting: (Born and raised in Joisey)

Yes. NJ is much better by far :cloud9:

NY is kinda like an overflowing toilet in a public restroom. You might use it, but you arent gonna clean it up....

His lack of communication is the big issue on this transaction.

His ability to finally ship it yet still not communicate is a problem also.

Even if he is sick, and lets hope that is not the case, whoever is handling his business is still not communicating this and I have dealt with those who use "being sick" many times for lack of good business practice so many times over the years that like any employer these days I require a doctors note before I make exceptions for anyone who, after the fact, states this as a reason for poor service.

And now he has opened himself up to every bad transaction that has occurred in his career in the business popping up in this thread as a result of his or whoever is taking care of his business in the interim not providing this info before now.

This is a good example of how a businessman needs to take care of his business both when he is running it and when those he has running it need to take the reins. A one man operation needs an emergency plan if this is what has happened to him.