• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008 GRADING CONTEST

96 posts in this topic

I don't want the $5 fee to be a distraction or make a big deal out of it.

I can always make it optional for those who wish too play but not pay. The only thing is that if the winner turns out be a person who did not pay to enter, he would be exempt from the pot.

Do it this way. Those who want a stake in the game get it, those who don't can avoid it.

When divvying up the pot, only those who chipped in cash are eligible to win. So if the highest placer who is in the cash pot was 2nd place (1st place is won by a no-money player) then the 2nd place finisher gets the 1st place share of the cash pot. Easy.

I dont see how the money will keep people playing. I know from experience that many of us start out all excited and hopeful, but after 6 or 6 rounds of near futility, and second guessing Niks order fo choices, we get pretty discouraged with no chance of winning. Having 5 bucks at stake wont spur me to keep playing anymore than just playing along hoping to nail a few for pride!

Nik

Run your beautiful and wonderful and fun contest anyway you choose!

I've run a college bowl pool for 25 consecutive years and I set the rules.

Your magnanimousness (sp?) is exemplary and appreciated!

You are a prince sir and I don't mean that in any other way than as expressed in this post!

Where's the NO SNIVELING X-OUT gremlin when you need it?

Let the games begin! :devil:

(divad I know you're in you must not have seen this post yet...)

Nik

Run your beautiful and wonderful and fun contest anyway you choose!

I've run a college bowl pool for 25 consecutive years and I set the rules.

Your magnanimousness (sp?) is exemplary and appreciated!

You are a prince sir and I don't mean that in any other way than as expressed in this post!

Where's the NO SNIVELING X-OUT gremlin when you need it?

Let the games begin! :devil:

(divad I know you're in you must not have seen this post yet...)

What he said :grin:

I'M IN :sumo: