• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yo Guys, Check out CaptainTripps on the Registry!

92 posts in this topic

Well...I believe the BlazingBob mentioned that Robert Roter is pricing his DCs so high because Robert felt that he sold the Marvels too cheaply pre-CGC. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Is that why Chuck's prices are so high? Looking back, he sold the Church comics too cheap. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well...I believe the BlazingBob mentioned that Robert Roter is pricing his DCs so high because Robert felt that he sold the Marvels too cheaply pre-CGC. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Is that why Chuck's prices are so high? Looking back, he sold the Church comics too cheap. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nah...he has other reasons that only the voice in head knows about! crazy.gif

If anyone's still interested, found a bunch of Gold Keys (I know some people were asking where all the GK books were)..

Voyage to the bottom of the Sea 12 9.4 PC

" " 13 9.6 PC

Phantom 5 9.4 PC

Doctor Solar Man of Atom 8.5 PC

Man from UNCLE 8 9.4 PC

Man from UNCLE 17 9.2 PC

Phantom 1 9.0 PC

Phantom 7 9.6 PC

Space Family Robinson 2 9.0 PC

Space Family Robinson Lost in Space 16 9.6 PC

" " 29 9.6 PC

Doctor Solar Man of Atom 5 9.0 PC

Doctor Solar Man of Atom 7 9.4 PC

Doctor Solar Man of Atom 11 9.6 PC

Doctor Solar Man of Atom 17 9.6 PC

Doctor Solar Man of Atom 19 9.4 PC

" " 21 9.4 PC

" " 27 9.2 PC

Star Trek 9 9.4 PC

Avengers (GK) 1 9.4 PC

Lots of diversity in there. :\

Brian

I think one of the most interesting aspects of all this is that these ultra high grade, pedigree books are just now being slabbed and are blowing away everything else already there. I have a book or 2 from most of the pedigrees with high grade Marvel - PC, curATOR, white mtn, boston, mass, green river, winnipeg, northland, ohio, western penn. This makes me wonder about what has not yet been graded and about the availability of pre-1965 keys in high grade. It looks like there are more to come - maybe even a few more from as yet unknown sources. That's why I thin k it is smart to stay away from crazy price multiples until cgc has been around longer as I have been saying for some time. I don't think the appearance of several more early Marvel keys will crash prices but I bet it will certainly bring them down - like Spidey 14 or FF 48. Of course a lot of these ultra high keys are locked up in collections of folks who won't be marketing them any time soon, but their appearance in the pop report at least lets folks know they exist and the field is wider than previously believed. I am glad to know that they exist as it makes me think it will be easier to obtain some books than I previously thought.

With exception to the first couple that I listed.. all the rest of the PC books I've found have been graded sometime between 2/03 and 10/03. So they aren't ALL just getting graded now.. but it looks like the keys might be.. which IS odd. :\

Brian

A White Mountain Spidey #1 sold in late 2001 on MastroNet for around $59,000. That one was CGC 9.4 with off-white pages. The one in the registry is a White Mountain CGC 9.6 with off-white to white pages.

Resub, or another copy? When was the 9.6 graded Murph?

It was graded in the year 2003 for sure. So there's a chance that it could be a resubmit. However, as I've noted above.. there appears to be 2 WM 9.4's of FF 5. So there's a chance theres 2 very high grade copies of ASM 1 in the WM as well.

Also, I'd guess that his book is a first time submit. As (well that is if the first 4 numbers of the serial # mean anything) I noted, it appears he has submitted a lot of pedigree books over the year. I'd doubt they're all resubmits so would it make sense to have this one already graded? Dunno.. sounds more likely to me that he bought a bunch of pedigreed books early on pre-CGC and is just now getting around to CGC'ing them.

Brian

Do you have any early Western Penn books? I've always been curious how the grades are on the early Marvels were for that pedigree.

You're looking very good so far. Nice collection. Care to comment on when you bought the books and if they were all bought raw?

Brian

Brian:

I posted some more x-men because I had an invoice with the cert numbers. I now have No.s 2, 5, 12 & 14 listed. By tomorrow, I should be able to put up No.s 1, 4 (B copy), 9, 13 (again Pacific Coast B copy) and 15. These are killer books!!

Captain Tripps