• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advice For Newcomers: What Stories/Storylines would you suggest they read?

32 posts in this topic

Buy a beat up Ditko Spider-Man between #18-#32. Best $20-$30 dollars you could spend on a book and you'll be hooked on the great art, storyline and get to revel in the period: letters pages and house ads. (worship)

Not as cheap as a copy of Essentials, but a wonderfully addictive experience.

I know some of these have been mentioned several times (but they bare repeating and all are available in trades that you can pick up cheap):

- The Goon (best comic currently being published, IMO)

- The Walking Dead

- Y: The Last Man

- Sandman

- Preacher

- Transmetropolitan

Best thing about all these books? No convoluted, confusing, and downright stupid multiverse, cross-over, re-boot, the-same-character-in-five-titles-a-month going on in these titles. Just good, old-fashioned reading! (thumbs u

RASL is pretty awesome so far.

gotta disagree w/ this suggestion- while the story is certainly intriguing imagine this scenario-

"here read these two comics"

ten minutes later "wow, that is cool,when can i read more"

"uh, 5 months from now"

:golfclap: I have to agree with this. I read the first issue in anticipation and was really let down by the lack of depth to it. It's tough to stay excited about a story that's only released four times a year that gives so little in terms of reading time. :(