• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valiant....buy, sell or hold????

14 posts in this topic

Over the past month, I have noticed some activity in Valiant back issue sales via Ebay. Nothing major, mostly premium issues and the like. But later issues seem to be in demand. Lower print runs have a hand in this, I know, but, is there still alot of interest out there???

I don't think there is a lot of interest, but more people are starting to realize that the early Valiants are great reads and you can pick up most of the issues dirt cheap. Some of the pre-Unity Valiants are generating some rising values.

I like them because they have good art and stories.

Exactly. But I see that there hasn't been a Valiant thread in a while, so maybe they can take another? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Check this guy's auctions for recent sales of "rare" Valiants.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=comicsmarket&Number=305763&Forum=CatSearch-5&Words=valiant&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=500&Old=3months&Main=302721&Search=true#Post305763

WOW. You guys are brutal. Forget I even asked.

OK bucko! Now remember many here are either jaded or immersed in their perception.

I have a question or two:

1) Are those Valiants now in your possession?

2) Are they paid for?

3) Do you have room to store them?

If the answer to 1, 2 and 3 is Yes - then I say keep them in as good a shape as you can, enjoy them when you can, and should the prices go up enough to make you want to sell some - then do so!

Absolutely NO one can really predict something like what will Valiant do. I have seen enough of "I don't want it" from delears years ago for books that now are 4-figures.

Enjoy your boks. Keep them in good shape. And watch the market if you have an eye to sell. What is it gonna cost you? Some storage space? Do it!

Over the past month, I have noticed some activity in Valiant back issue sales via Ebay. Nothing major, mostly premium issues and the like. But later issues seem to be in demand. Lower print runs have a hand in this, I know, but, is there still alot of interest out there???

There is plenty of collector interest in Valiant as they are great reads ( the early stuff). If you can get the books cheap, go for it, but these books are never gonna be worth much after what happened in the early 90's.

Welcome to the boards. Sorry for the [!@#%^&^] responses from some board members, but the Valiant issue has been discussed ad nauseum here and some of our more "vocal" members don't understand the concept of customer demand.

Bottom line - pre-Unity and the last couple of issues of the Valiant titles have big demand on eBay. They do not sell well at shows - you can get them there for almost nothing and flip them online for a nice profit. You won't see the insane prices of the early nineties, but they do sell well. Last issues of the major Valiant titles had very low print runs and are tough to find.

For a very good backgrounder on Valiants, check out Valiant Comics run by our board member valiantman.