• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone seen the movie "Comic Book Villans"?

28 posts in this topic

Was just watching The Movie Channel and they showed a preview of "Comic Book Villans". It is a movie they are gonna show next month based on two different comic shop owners competing to get some amazing comic book collection. Other stuff also happens in the movie regarding the two comic shop owners.

Sounds interesting...could even be about some people on this board... 27_laughing.gif

Was just watching The Movie Channel and they showed a preview of "Comic Book Villans". It is a movie they are gonna show next month based on two different comic shop owners competing to get some amazing comic book collection. Other stuff also happens in the movie regarding the two comic shop owners.

Sounds interesting...could even be about some people on this board... 27_laughing.gif

It's been discussed here before... actually, it was last winter, I think?

It's pretty bad. I'm ashamed to say that I own a copy. (Purchased BEFORE the first viewing!)

I thought the acting was appropriate for the tone of the movie. A little slapstick & decent acting from the villian? from Princess Bride (Buttercup) movie. Really shows the paranoia of 2 comicshops sacrificing everything to chase down a huge GA collection. Their holy grail to sit with the big boys at San Diego comicon. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I thought the acting was appropriate for the tone of the movie. A little slapstick & decent acting from the villian? from Princess Bride (Buttercup) movie. Really shows the paranoia of 2 comicshops sacrificing everything to chase down a huge GA collection. Their holy grail to sit with the big boys at San Diego comicon. 893applaud-thumb.gif

that would be Carey Ewles along with Michael Rappenport and Natsha (i forget her last name.....she was in American Pie) - I felt it's worth watching strictly for the fan boy references....alot of "in jokes" ...

I thought the acting was appropriate for the tone of the movie.

That's the major thing I didn't get, the tone! I know it can get competitive for rare books, but everybody kills each other at the end? confused.gif It was like a bad Tarantino ripoff.

But very mean-spirited and a really ludicrous plot.

You must be new here.... smirk.gif

I don't know Beyonder, his name is kinda familiar. confused.gif

Pov...Poverty...hmmmm?

Do I know You? crazy.gif

4_12_1.gif

Hi Guys! Yah, I'm new here but have been lurking an AWFUL long time now. Sure is nice to meet ya all and I hope we can have some SWELL times talking about funny books! They are my all time FAVE thing! thumbsup2.gif

893whatthe.gifconfused.gifinsane.gif

But very mean-spirited and a really ludicrous plot.

You must be new here.... smirk.gif

I don't know Beyonder, his name is kinda familiar. confused.gif

Pov...Poverty...hmmmm?

Do I know You? crazy.gif

4_12_1.gif

Hi Guys! Yah, I'm new here but have been lurking an AWFUL long time now. Sure is nice to meet ya all and I hope we can have some SWELL times talking about funny books! They are my all time FAVE thing! thumbsup2.gif

893whatthe.gifconfused.gifinsane.gif

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!?!

hi.gif