• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone seen the movie "Comic Book Villans"?

28 posts in this topic

" povertyrow "? What kind of user name is that? smirk.gif

I don't know. I kinda like it. It's so......cheap?

I prefer to think of it as "economical".

Good one Pov. Have we hijacked this thread? If so, here's my solo attempt at putting it back on track.

Yes, I have seen the movie and you pretty much need to be a comic collector to have any chance whatsoever of enjoying this movie. It's even better if you have ( like I have ) had experiences with watching 2 or 3 dealers going after one Silver/Bronze/Modern Age collection a kid left for his mother to get rid of. It takes most of the negative stuff in this hobby (mostly greed) and inflates it to unbelievable proportions. Has some laughs, but not many.

And you know.....could something like this actually happen?

Good one Pov. Have we hijacked this thread?

I would consider a small but definite hijack success.

It takes most of the negative stuff in this hobby (mostly greed) and inflates it to unbelievable proportions. Has some laughs, but not many.

Pretty much my opinion as well. (the previous boring comment intended to assist in getting the thread back on track.)

It takes most of the negative stuff in this hobby (mostly greed) and inflates it to unbelievable proportions. Has some laughs, but not many.

This is just one of my many complaints about this film. Yes, I enjoy watching other people's obsessions disparaged, as with Christopher Guest films like "Best of Breed" and "A Mighty Wind" (both gut-wrenchingly funny). But I don't take kindly to folks who don't take kindly to folks who have a passion for funnybooks. Period.

Oh, that and

- the plot and -script are paper-thin

- the acting, Elwes and Rappaport notwithstanding, stinks

- most of the jokes (visual or otherwise) are extremely tired, well-used bits that were funnier in that early episode of M.A.S.H.

- the damned comics shown in the film aren't even the real McCoy !!

Rent this movie at your own peril... and be sure to see it around 4:20 if you want to have any chance of laughing out loud during the screening...