• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

11/28/03 PRETTY BOOK OF THE DAY

77 posts in this topic

Bonds I'm getting tired of trying to reason with you so let me explain something to you. You say that you show us the scans because you take the time and effort to scan them. But then you say the only reason you scan them is to show them to us....don't you see how that is the fallacy of circular reasoning??? Plain and simple it doesn't matter what books you are showing off whether it be Boris or Amazing Fantasy #15 you want people to see your books this is showing off. You have kept the thread going for weeks because you get off on the admiration it brings you. Would you continue to post anyway if no one commented at all? If the answer is yes then I'm sorry I have misjudged you but somehow I doubt it. Your the type of person who bids on every ebay auction and most of the time never attempt to win. Why is that? Attention?

Eric

I don't mind that you post them, I don't look at the thread very often because we don't share the same collecting tastes.. but you're sure free to post them.

Btw, scanning all of them is a good idea cause you can send the scans in to insurance for verification of ownership. smile.gif

Brian

I'm not impressed with someone who did the same thing...put their books in the open to be viewed and judged.

Isn't that what the Resgistry is all about? You may not get to see all the books, but isn't it essentially the same thing? So you must not be too impressed with the people who put their books in the registry, including yourself?? confused.gif

Brian I never said he didn't have the right to post his books or that anyone wanted him to stop I'm calling in to question his motive for doing so. For cryin out loud he has a post called "My Books" Then when I make a comment on someone elses books which I was not particularly impressed with he called me a hater like I'm not allowed to have an opinion. I guess everyone should post their books and I should just be impressed with them all huh?

Eric

Bonds I'm getting tired of trying to reason with you so let me explain something to you. You say that you show us the scans because you take the time and effort to scan them. But then you say the only reason you scan them is to show them to us....don't you see how that is the fallacy of circular reasoning??? Plain and simple it doesn't matter what books you are showing off whether it be Boris or Amazing Fantasy #15 you want people to see your books this is showing off. You have kept the thread going for weeks because you get off on the admiration it brings you. Would you continue to post anyway if no one commented at all? If the answer is yes then I'm sorry I have misjudged you but somehow I doubt it. Your the type of person who bids on every ebay auction and most of the time never attempt to win. Why is that? Attention?

Eric

By taking Hammer's one time avatar have you now also assumed his personality?

I always find it fun to look at other's cool books, and like it when i post one of mine and someone compliments it.

Dude, let it drop. angel.gif

I'm not impressed with someone who did the same thing...put their books in the open to be viewed and judged.

Isn't that what the Resgistry is all about? You may not get to see all the books, but isn't it essentially the same thing? So you must not be too impressed with the people who put their books in the registry, including yourself?

Actually I admit whole heartedly I was showing off. Not to well may I add since I got my butt kicked. The diference is I admit it.

Eric

I always find it fun to look at other's cool books, and like it when i post one of mine and someone compliments it.

Dude, let it drop.

Finally someone caught on!!! I was just being an [!@#%^&^] because of the Mr. Nice icon. I figured things around here were boring and i never get to chew people out. Ok I admit it I suck at bagging on people "circular logic" 27_laughing.gif. Actually to tell the truth I love Bond''s books and I gave him five stars along time ago. Sorry dude I'm done now. smile.gif

Eric

Dude, let it drop.

:Finally someone caught on!!! I was just being an [!@#%^&^] because of the Mr. Nice icon. I figured things around here were boring and i never get to chew people out. Ok I admit it I suck at bagging on people "circular logic" 27_laughing.gif. Actually to tell the truth I love Bond''s books and I gave him five stars along time ago. Sorry dude I'm done now. smile.gif

Eric

blush.gif

Dude, let it drop.

Finally someone caught on!!! I was just being an [!@#%^&^] because of the Mr. Nice icon. I figured things around here were boring and i never get to chew people out. Ok I admit it I suck at bagging on people "circular logic" 27_laughing.gif. Actually to tell the truth I love Bond''s books and I gave him five stars along time ago. Sorry dude I'm done now. smile.gif

Eric

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Mr.Nice, Hammer, whatever.

GLad you are back to normal now.

Wasn't it a dead give away when I never ever picked a fight before in two years and all of a sudded I go after someone we all like??? With a Mr. Nice icon to boot!! I must admit you guys took long enough I was running out of stuff to say 27_laughing.gif

Eric

We all love comics. Right. Seeing beautiful comics that aren't for sale is a treat. What is a CGC comics forum coming to if we can't brag a little and show off some of our favorite covers etc.

I am afraid some forum members have been on these boards to long and their contributions have resorted to snide hurtful comments. Those forum members need to look deep inside themselves and determine in they are burned out and maybe move on. If it wasn't for this thread some of us would have never seen the priceless picture of Chuck trying to use a calculator. That picture is a hall of fame post and it will be difficult for someone to top that. Thanks for making my day.

ummm....okay really ruined my mood. No no hammer don't come back

HOW DARE SOMEONE WHO SIGNED UP ON 10/10/03 TELL ME I NEED TO MOVE ON!!!! I HAVE $50,000 IN A BLACK BAG IF YOU CAN TAKE IT FROM ME. HOW MUCH CAN YOU BENCH PUNY MAN??? I'LL SNAP YOU LIKE A TWIG.

now see what you've done? Mr. Nice was bad enough now you've released hammer!!!

Take a chill pill dude I'm just trying to have fun. Out of my 400+ posts like 350 are about comic related stuff. Thats more than some people can say.

Eric

Dude, you're a real [!@#%^&^] aren't you? I post the books because others like to see them, and I like to share them. I also post books from other sellers, and have scanned/uploaded books I don't own to post them on the Modern Comics board. I'm sorry if you don't like my explanation - it makes me very sad! frown.gif

tongue.gif

Your the type of person who bids on every ebay auction and most of the time never attempt to win. Why is that? Attention?

I bid on everything because every once in a while I'll get lucky and win one for a super low price, and it also allows me to track the market to see what the final prices are. Happy with that explanation? makepoint.gif