• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photoshop Question

6 posts in this topic

I have many of my comics scanned. They were all scanned using the same scanner. That scanner died. frown.gif

I bought a new scanner. 893applaud-thumb.gif

How can I use Photoshop and my new scanner to scan comics so that they will come out the same dpi, file size and physical size as the scans made with my old scanner. Seems like there should be some "profile" function that I could use to accomplish this but I'm scratching my head trying to figure it out. Any help (I'm Photoshop stupid, but know my way around a computer) would be much appreciated.

How can I use Photoshop and my new scanner to scan comics so that they will come out the same dpi, file size and physical size as the scans made with my old scanner. Seems like there should be some "profile" function that I could use to accomplish this but I'm scratching my head trying to figure it out. Any help (I'm Photoshop stupid, but know my way around a computer) would be much appreciated.

Hmm...I don't think you can. frown.gif

When you 'Select a TWAIN source', it will look for whatever scanners you have hooked up to your computer, and I think it will choose whatever the default settings you have on the scanner. You can probably configure custom settings on your new scanner to be close to your old one, but I don't think you can transfer settings from an old scanner to a new one. I'm guessing your new scanner will also have better capabilities than your old scanner as well (i.e. higher resolution abilities, more colour depth, etc.), which will affect the file size of the scan. Good luck!

The scanner should have a DPI that it sets at. You should be able to adjust a default size. Some scanners don't keep the settings and some do. Its hard to give you instructions without knowing the scanners software. But if all else fails you can do it under Photoshop. You could also run a macro....but I have the feeling you had better just stick to doing it manualy per image.

Ok, I see what you're saying. It only adds about 10 seconds to the process to manually make the changes so this looks like the way to go. Thanks for the help. BTW, I'm very happy with my "under $100" HP 3500c combined with Photoshop. I can do some pretty cool stuff, but have much to learn.