• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #1 - Restored, but only $5,000 !!!!

9 posts in this topic

PLEASE NOTE: I have placed a reasonable reserve to protect my investment but I am starting this auction out at the original cover price of 1$ so everyone gets a chance to bid. I wanted to give everyone the opportunity to have some fun and be able to tell their family, friends and co-workers that they were "HIGH BIDDER" on an original Superman #1 from 1939, even if it was only for a short while.

I thought it only cost a dime? confused.gif

did vault sell his book? how much did it go for? (that's the one book i eventually want to get)

this guy's ID was created on June 1, 1997. that's gotta be one of the earliest created ebay IDs i've seen (although admittedly, i tend not to notice them).

i guess he's ready to burn the ID with a scam auction...

"Note: This listing is restricted to pre-approved bidders or buyers only." confused.gif

How this works?

Edit:

oops it's all there...

"Email the seller to be placed on the pre-approved bidder/buyer list."

Mastronet has a purple 8.5 in their auction.minimum bid is 7,500

the book notes- out of 37 submitted to CGC only 11 have no restoration and half the 11 are graded less than Vg, five are less than good.

do you want a restored book that looks good or an unrestored book that grades good?

Make a decision soon or it will cost more.