• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008/09 GRADING CONTEST: Round 3

154 posts in this topic

I thought it was a VF at best as well, I guess it's a lot harder to judge from a scan but we must remember CGC is not always right, lol, or are they ;)

CGC should be embarassed for calling that book a 9.2

I thought it was a VF and felt embarrassed guessing 8.5. I was almost going to PM Nik and beg him to change it to an 8.0.

I was another who said 8.5.. I am shocked. But learning many more books I own are now going to cgc.

Same here. At least 6 spine ticks, worn spine corners and a diagonal corner crease on a MODERN... I was tempted to go lower than 8.5.

:P

Nik,

Maybe this grading contest wasn't such a great idea after all. Seems like a new firestorm is brewing here.....

Shark

The firestorm breaks out during every gading contest, nothing new. Not as bad as the year greggy quit in the middle of it.

What was the reason for the quitting?

Nik,

Maybe this grading contest wasn't such a great idea after all. Seems like a new firestorm is brewing here.....

Shark

The firestorm breaks out during every gading contest, nothing new. Not as bad as the year greggy quit in the middle of it.

Politics... :sick:

Nik,

Shark

The politics of what? :shrug:

Nik,

Shark

Thought politics summed it up pretty well... (shrug) ...if not...run a search... :P

I thought it was a VF at best as well, I guess it's a lot harder to judge from a scan but we must remember CGC is not always right, lol, or are they ;)

And you should be embarrased for calling yourself a skateboarder.

Oh snap!.. did I just go there?

:hi:

I went with a 7.5 on that last book. I thought I was damned close to the real grade{I am BTW}.. Oh Well. It's all in fun. I'll try to do better the next time...

Well no wonder you can't grade...you need to stop laughing and bring your eyes back to the stationary position... :devil:

And you should be embarrased for calling yourself a skateboarder.

Oh snap!.. did I just go there?

:hi:

:sorry:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Nik,

Shark

Thought politics summed it up pretty well... (shrug) ...if not...run a search... :P

:frown: