• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008/09 GRADING CONTEST: Round 3

154 posts in this topic

Wonder how many dorks checked the census to narrow their choices. I find it interesting that so many people would give such a high of a grade. :whistle:

Wonder how many dorks checked the census to narrow their choices. I find it interesting that so many people would give such a high of a grade. :whistle:

This was the toughest round so far... Only 36% of the people were within 1 grade of the 9.2 (shrug)

i remembered last year that nik's books seemed to get better grades than i thought. i originally thought this book was a 8.5-9.0, but something told me to trust my gut this time. i went with 9.4, so i wasn't too far off.

I think those colour-breaking spine stress lines weren't colour breaking spine stress lines at all... but instead were the scanner light reflecting off NON-colour breaking production creases.

At least that's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.

I think those colour-breaking spine stress lines weren't colour breaking spine stress lines at all... but instead were the scanner light reflecting off NON-colour breaking production creases.

... and the rubbing on the edges?

Had it 8.5 with the majority. Counted 8 spine ticks and the small corner crease. Figured the large scan was exaggerating things, so raised the grade a bit (in my mind).

It's funny, a couple of days ago I saw a 9.2 with a tiny corner crease, and thought that was odd. Guess that's allowed...

So...what you're saying is that you pulled a Homer?

So...what you're saying is that you pulled a Homer?

You bet. :banana:

Had it 8.5 with the majority. Counted 8 spine ticks and the small corner crease. Figured the large scan was exaggerating things, so raised the grade a bit (in my mind).

It's funny, a couple of days ago I saw a 9.2 with a tiny corner crease, and thought that was odd. Guess that's allowed...

A tiny corner crease has always been allowed in a 9.2 :grin: I must say I was a little surprised by the 9.2, but only a little :grin: :grin: