• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Apple Con THE VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!

89 posts in this topic

I got in, if you don't mind, I'm downloading it.. and if it still doesn't work later on.. Will place it up on a host.

FEEL FREE! It's not like it's copyrighted or someone would want to BUY it!!!

Do anything you want that makes it easier to watch.

Ok... looks good but a couple questions..

First, why did everything look blueish.. and why did a lot of the Universal labels look red? tongue.gif

Second, who was Tom B referring to when he said "I bought it from this young man"?

Brian

Ok... looks good but a couple questions..

First, why did everything look blueish.. and why did a lot of the Universal labels look red? tongue.gif

Second, who was Tom B referring to when he said "I bought it from this young man"?

Brian

I have no idea why you're having color problems - the file doesn't have them.

The "young man" he's referring to is Bill Hughes.

Strange, it must've gotten messed up in the transfer. Is anyone else having problems getting it? If so, I can set up an ftp.. the unfortunate part would be it would top out at 60 kb/s, so it'd probably take all night to download.

Brian

IMPORTANT EDIT FOR THE CGC DINNER TOMORROW -

We are going to Shun Lee WEST - NOT EAST!!

New locale:

SHUN LEE WEST LINCOLN CENTER

43 W 65TH ST, NEW YORK, NY 10023

Phone: (212) 595-8895

Thanks guys,

DAM

Here's a little bit of the dam60 con report:

Got there at 3pm to a bustling crowd. This year the con was in the same place as last year but instead of having another floor for artists alley there was only one floor for the artists and the dealers.

I didn't really look for many books (although got two more bats books from Bob to help with the run - thanks Blazing) but had a really nice time talking to:

Steve B, Paul L, Harshen, (the cgc crew); Peter, Kevin and Tyrone (the Paradise crew); Steve L aka Comgeek, Vincent Z, Buzz (one of my favorite artists), Frank Tieri (was working the actor booth and a very cool guy), Tom B was in the house (I know that Hoodeedoo was in the house but wouldn't recognize him if he walked in front of me confused.gif)

I ended up getting the two bats from Bob but didn't see much else that was of interest to me although I did get some steals on some TPBs and paid $30 for a World's Finest Archive #1 still sealed. I got GI Joe vols 4 and 5 to complete the series for - get this - $15 where the pair retails for $50!! Forbidden Planet was blowing them out and had tons of recent overstock . . .

The 50 cent man - if you know who he is you know who I'm talking about - had a great show, enough such that I couldn't stick my head in there to take a look. Hughes had some of his museum quality books out but Vincent took the cake (in my mind at least) with 8 copies of Batman #1 at the show. Yup, that's 8 copies at the show!! Killer . . .

The usually suspects were in full force with SilverAgeComics, Harley Yee, Superworld (talked to Ted very briefly), Blazing, Metro, Tomorrow's Treasures, etc. all in the house. Nothing really grabbed me, but I didn't look too closely at a lot of these guys as well.

The artists alley was the biggest disappointment. I talked to Buzz about getting a piece which was cool, love his bats, but I would say with no exaggeration that over 1/2 of the guys that were suppossed to show didn't. What a bummer!! I even went and bought a brand new Deathlok #1 (for $1) so that Joe Jusko could sign it. Too bad he didnt' show up frown.gif

Frank Tieri - former writer of Wolverine (I think 160-190??) and current writer of Weapon x was at the ACTOR booth and I got to talk to him at length. Very cool guy who didn't mind that I had no idea what he has written or anything about him less his quick bio that he gave me. There were these two KIDS (yes, we asked them there ages - one 11 and one 9) who were running the room trying to put together Franks run to have him sign them. No joke - he signed about 25 copies each and was really cool about it. Especially considering that the kids had wierd places that they wanted to sign each book - like not on the cover or on the front page but on the back of the front cover on the ad and other specifics like that. The kids even came back after Frank had left. I told them that Frank was gone and they walked away but then 10 minutes later Frank was back as he forgot something. He was cool enough to let me go find the kids and then sign even MORE books!! How's that for customer service!!

I saw Neal Adams and had him sign a Batman 234 that i have gotten signed by Denny O'Neal this summer - tomorrow I will get Julie Schwartz to sign and then I just need Giordano to have the whole team! He was surprisingly accessible although I didn't try and talk to him as I could care less about evolution and couldn't give two sh*ts about reptiles. It's sad . . . Didn't see anything crazy for his new Monsters book, but didn't stick around asking questions either.

Didn't run into any forum members except for the ones mentioned but did see Heartend. Hari come to dinner tomorrow tongue.gif

After a busy afternoon that died suddenly around 6, went out to dinner with Paul L, Harshen, Peter, Kevin and Tyrone to the Heartland Brewery. Great time.

Looking forward to more fun tomorrow! smile.gif

DAM

As I said, I can set up an ftp later on this evening.. but it'll be very slow downloading (will probably take overnight). If you want to PM and I'll see if I can get something set up for sure.

Brian

P.S. Mine is the ultra rare smurf edition with rare red label universal S.A. books!! You'll have to paypal me 10 dollars to see it.... just kidding wink.gif