• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Signature books, including Stan Lee!

24 posts in this topic

Sweeeet books and very beautiful copies that look better than the grade listed. Probably because they were actaully higher grade books that were knocked down for whatever reason after they were signed. Price are firm and shipping and handling is extra. Purchase multiple books to save on shipping.

:takeit: trumps all!

asmanncgcss.jpg

SOLD signed by John Romita Jr.

asm252ss.jpg

SOLD signed by Stan Lee, Ron Frenz and Tom DeFalco.

uxm282ss.jpg

SOLD signed by Whilce Portacio and Mark Silvestri.

to clarify, i opened my big mouth. the seller was going to honor the price he asked for it. but i saw the replies saying it was the deal of the week.

anyway, i let him know i didnt want him to feel bad about the sale and asked him what he would feel good about pricewise.

it was way too much for me since it was about triple the original price.

no harm no foul--whatever that means.

:boo:

yes I deserve some egg on my face for this one. Because I open my mouth and said prices are "firm" and didn't research properly....only really on the ASM 252. Not to get into any personal details...lets just say that the price I listed for the Spidey was rushed on my end.

But Glenn did a very honorable thing here. And I do appreciate it (even though it doesn't help him).

I was informed by a couple of guys after the sale that another book like this (triple-signed 9.2 ASM #252 signed by Lee, Frenz and DeFalco) was GPA'ed at 5x the price a couple of months ago. Please understand that I offered to honor my original price.

Some might say, even himself...that it was foolish to let me off. I know things didn't work out but for whatever its worth Glenn... I thank you. Because not many people would do it. And by no means does this mean all of a sudden, I will get a million bucks for the book, but at least it gives me a second chance to get a more "fair" price for it.