• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll: Do you add all your slabs to the Registry?

Do you add all your CGC books to the Registry?  

375 members have voted

1. 1. Do you add all your CGC books to the Registry?

43 posts in this topic

more than 6 recently, i thought?

locke & key, RASL, Goon, project superpowers, Kick Azz and those are just the ones i noticed (shrug)

Thats not me? (shrug)

My name in the registry is my real name. And the only moderns I have are Ultimate FF31 suydam variant SS 9.8, and ASBR recalled #10 SS by Jim Lee. Oh and a Batman Hush registry with a 614 SS by Jim Lee. All 9.8's.

I have considered doing a project Superpowers set. But have about 12 sets I am working on that have my attention.

I have about 75% in Registry. The low count ones like Spawn or Modern stuff are about 20 - 50 points, which do not help me climb the ladder.

CAL moving up

I put it all in due to Insurance reasons :) so I have a record

Hehe now that is one good reason. Sadly though I can only record about half my cgc collections cause a bunch of them are SS from more recent times which are not yet in the Registry (croud boos at Lester's Moderns).

Lester, just add them to any existing set and let the registry reject them. The books stay recorded in the system as an individual issue w/o a set until the correct sets are created by Gemma.

(tsk)

lol

I asked Gemma about this at Wondercon... If I understand it right the system not only rejects the number for the set it but alerts her so she has check each one. More work for her.

• Administrator

This is true, plus when I have to spend time checking books that shouldn't belong in the sets it prevents me from having time to create the sets for those books, so the people who are following this practice are actually "shooting themselves in the foot" so to speak as I may not have time to make their sets as a result of their need to catalog books.... :insane: I have tried stating this when I reject their comics, but there are always a few who remain persistent. (tsk)

This is true, plus when I have to spend time checking books that shouldn't belong in the sets it prevents me from having time to create the sets for those books, so the people who are following this practice are actually "shooting themselves in the foot" so to speak as I may not have time to make their sets as a result of their need to catalog books.... :insane: I have tried stating this when I reject their comics, but there are always a few who remain persistent. (tsk)

I was not aware of this (creating more work for you - this is the first time I've ever seen/heard this mentioned, so could we have some kind of message about that in the system? There are people who do not even look at the forums...) and personally I will stop.

I was not aware of this (creating more work for you - this is the first time I've ever seen/heard this mentioned, so could we have some kind of message about that in the system? There are people who do not even look at the forums...) and personally I will stop.

Not to be a d ick, but how else would people think that these books were going to be entered, by the Registry Faerie? This is not pointed at you, GZ, but there are people who are laughing about how they are getting additions to their sets "all the time" by jamming books into spots that do not fit. In fact, there was someone posting and encouraging others to do it.

So here we sit, the folks who use the Registry and try to tow the line, having the whole process slow down because some folks are demanding that their sets get updated in real time. It's bogus.

Not to be a d ick, but how else would people think that these books were going to be entered, by the Registry Faerie? This is not pointed at you, GZ, but there are people who are laughing about how they are getting additions to their sets "all the time" by jamming books into spots that do not fit. In fact, there was someone posting and encouraging others to do it.

So here we sit, the folks who use the Registry and try to tow the line, having the whole process slow down because some folks are demanding that their sets get updated in real time. It's bogus.

I didn't think of it as an addition to any set. Just as a temporary "place setting" so that the book in question would be there to add later to a properly created set whenever Gemma got around to it. As far as I knew, the floating books don't add to registry score unless I'm mistaken. I truly had no idea it was creating any kind of extra work for Gemma. I'm just one of those guys who likes to have a complete online inventory of my slabbed collection in case of insurance. There's an option to print out your inventory and it does list the ones missing a home.

I will hold my hands up and admit to doing this twice. I was ignorant to the fact and had taken something I'd read maybe too literally, my intention being solely to register the books to me and not have the cert numbers poached, which I've had happen before.

I wasn't pushing for the set to be created, I've posted that request in the appropriate thread and I apologise to Gemma for creating more work for you and to other registry users for holding up the process. :foryou:

It won't happen again.