• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanos and CGC titles on Label?

9 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone, anyone know what CGC titles the label for Captain Marvel #27. Overstreet lists it as the 1st Full App of Thanos. However everyone accepts the cameo in Iron Man #55 as the 1st appearance. Shouldn't Captain Marvel #27 have more interest then we see currently. I mean he is in the majority of this comic for the 1st time and there are only 8 listed in the CGC census. Anyone have answers? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I agree with the Devil. In addition, despite being one of the most famous artists from the 70's, Jim Starlin's books have gone nowhere in price. I can't think of any of his books that crack the $25-$30 range. My favorite Stalin/Thanos books were Avengers Annual 7 & Marvel Two in One Annual 2. They are must reads....

Thanos is interesting because he several cameos ( Iron Man 55,(The First) Captain Marvel 25 and 26 a month later before his first full appearance in Captain Mavel 27. Captain Marvel is a lame character but that shouldn't matter I would think. Iron Man 55 of course gets all the attention and press.

You bring up an interesting question since Iron Man 55 is somewhat truely like Hulk 180 and 27 is more like 181 in comparison. I wonder how many high grade 27's are out there that can be had for raw prices. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm not sure why everyone thinks Iron Man 55 constitutes a "cameo", as Thanos is present throughout the entire issue, not even counting the old Doom trick of escaping and leaving a robot in his place (as stated by IM at the end):

thanos_1.jpg

thanos_2.jpg

thanos_3.jpg

thanos_4.jpg

thanos_5.jpg

thanos_6.jpg

thanos_7.jpg