• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Howard the Duck 3 30 CentPrice Information

2 posts in this topic

I have been keeping pretty close track of 30 cent auctions for some time. It would probably come as no surprise to many that Howard the Duck # 3 has had the most sales of any 30 cent variant, with 5 in CGC 9.4 alone. sleeping.gif The surprising thing is that the last 4 CGC 9.4 auctions have averaged prices of $47 or 6 times regular Overstreet Guide.893whatthe.gif

Despite the apparant abundance of this issue, it is still pulling in pretty good cash, as are most CGC graded variants. My price tracking makes it clear that CGC grading makes a very big difference even in lower graded issues, ie 6.0 and above and less for rarer titles and superhero issues.

The only Howard the Duck that I have seen sell in non-CGC is number 4 in "VF". It sold for lass than 1 time regular guide! tonofbricks.gif

My price tracking makes it clear that CGC grading makes a very big difference even in lower graded issues, ie 6.0 and above and less for rarer titles and superhero issues.

I've noticed the same thing, and anything I have in 8.0 or higher, I think it's worth spending the $12 + S&H to get it CGC graded.