• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An army of Goons...

11 posts in this topic

So these pics are a looong time coming, but I recently did a bunch of scanning and pic-taking. I'm growing quite proud of my Goon slabbed collection :cloud9: and what proud parent doesn't like showing off pictures of the kids?

These first 3 books are from Baltimore and are thanks to the wonderful duo of Evil_Ash and ffcomics. You guys rule and you know it! Thanks especially for getting me the uber-sweet Franky sketch on the #5! Makes me feel like sticking a knife to the eye...

Goon_5_SS.jpg

And a sweet double SS #7 with a sketch! :grin:

Goon_7_SS.jpg

Goon_8_SS.jpg

This #18 (the newest addition) is courtesy of MightyBeanComics for one hell of a deal and Pitboss for letting me buy it when witnessing my sadness! lol

Goon_18_SS.jpg

---------------------------------------------

Now for the family portrait! (I gotta find a better way to take this pic lol ) Note the sweet Avatar Goons courtesy of the patient Rich_Henn!

Goon_army.jpg

Wow, awesome "kids" you got there T.J., and it was my pleasure helping out with some of your books in Baltimore. Now, you just need to get that avatar set SS'd!

Congrats to the proud papa :headbang:

NICE TJ!

Can't wait for Goon to be on the Registy!

Hey Chris,

Has someone requested a master Goon set from Gemma in the Registry? If not, we should do it. Then we can fight over whether Best Cellars and Avatar Illustrated should be included or not. lol

These first 3 books are from Baltimore and are thanks to the wonderful duo of Evil_Ash and ffcomics. You guys rule and you know it! Thanks especially for getting me the uber-sweet Franky sketch on the #5! Makes me feel like sticking a knife to the eye...

Your welcome...............how is my Goon vs. Hellboy sketch coming person_without_enough_empathy

wayyyyyyyy sick :D

I agree. :cloud9:

Thanks for looking, everyone. :grin:

There isn't a registry set for The Goon yet? Hmph. Weird. Well, when one gets made, I'll be excited to see how my set ranks.

...how is my Goon vs. Hellboy sketch coming person_without_enough_empathy

:blush: It'll be coming as soon as the holidays end. I just started working again (thank God!) and haven't had a lot of time for working on freelance projects lately. My post counts on both this board and the WDC have come to a near stand-still as a result as well. But at least I've got a steady paycheck coming in again! :headbang:

Then we can fight over whether Best Cellars and Avatar Illustrated should be included or not. lol

Best Cellars definitely should not be included in the registry set. I think the whole "Goon prototype" thing is a bit of a cop-out. As far as an example of Powell's early work, then I agree that it is an important comic. But as far as existing in the Goon canon of literature, I wholly disagree.