• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mastronet auction online - eom

6 posts in this topic

Wow I must say that is very disappointing to say the least. To tell the truth I had never looked at the Mastronet website but it is very hard to navigate. The quality of books just isn't even close to Heritage. They have a couple of Mile Highs which is always nice but no where near the quality or quantity of Silver Age.

Eric

Their silver age this auction is weak but the rest is awesome. I don't follow heritage too close but do they have Barks oil paintings,whole stories of original art,ect? The best thing by far about these auctions are the catalogs themselves. place a couple of early bids and you'll get on their mailing lists. Past few auctions have been more Silver heavy.

I follow both so here's my take on this comparison- Heritage blows MastroNet away in terms of comics items. It's not even close. Where Mastro regularly has a few hundred comics-related items (just over 300 in this auction), Heritage routinely has 8-10 times that and the quality of the items in Heritage's signature auctions is absolutely top-notch. The Barks painting is an eye opener, but that doesn't tell the whole story in terms of the two auction houses. Beyond the Bark's painting, every comic item in Mastro's catalogue probably had an analog in Heritage's past Signature auction, he difference being Heritage had another 2-3000 items on top of that...