• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forum software screwy?

11 posts in this topic

I've asked Arch this question in the "questions and answers" forum but gotten no response. Are you guys seeing that the forum feature which highlights threads with new posts isn't working correctly? The way it has always worked is that when you click a thread, read the posts, and then click the "Index" link to go back up to see the other threads, only the thread you just read gets un-highlighted. However, ever since late last week, they ALL get un-highlighted when you go back to the index.

Is this happening to anyone else? It's rather annoying. frown.gif

cleanout cookies

Wow, that fixed it.

Internet Explorer's page cache is screwy...after it reaches its limit, it never seems to delete files out of it, it just STOPS saving new ones into it! I've never figured out why they made it work that way. It screws me up a lot because it prevents you from right-clicking an image and saving it as JPG because it can only save in that format if the picture is already in that format in your cache, but if the cache is full, the picture isn't there, and therefore you can't save as JPG and Windows BMP is your only file type option. Cleaning out the cache fixes this problem, and it appears that the same problem might also apply to cookies and creating new ones.

cleanout cookies

Wow, that fixed it.

Internet Explorer's page cache is screwy...after it reaches its limit, it never seems to delete files out of it, it just STOPS saving new ones into it! I've never figured out why they made it work that way. It screws me up a lot because it prevents you from right-clicking an image and saving it as JPG because it can only save in that format if the picture is already in that format in your cache, but if the cache is full, the picture isn't there, and therefore you can't save as JPG and Windows BMP is your only file type option. Cleaning out the cache fixes this problem, and it appears that the same problem might also apply to cookies and creating new ones.

So that's it!!!!! I've been trying to figure out why I couldn't save pics as Jpegs. So I've been saving pics, then using paint to re-format them.

So how is this solved? By deleting cookies under the tools menu?

So that's it!!!!! I've been trying to figure out why I couldn't save pics as Jpegs. So I've been saving pics, then using paint to re-format them.

So how is this solved? By deleting cookies under the tools menu?

"Tools" menu, "Internet Options" item, "General" tab (it's the default), "Delete Files" button. I used the "Delete Cookies" button right next to it to fix my cookie problem.