• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Double Cover Comics

4 posts in this topic

FYI.. Check out this thread. It's full of double covers:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=535971#Post535971

From the slabs in that thread, it looks like CGC grades the covers individually, then assigns a grade to the book overall. All three of those grades are visible on the label.

What's it do for the value? It depends on the book, obviously.. how much demand is there for that issue in general? Also, some collectors value double covers, some don't. There really isn't any mathematical formula you can apply to arrive at a dollar amount.

FYI.. Check out this thread. It's full of double covers:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=535971#Post535971

From the slabs in that thread, it looks like CGC grades the covers individually, then assigns a grade to the book overall. All three of those grades are visible on the label.

What's it do for the value? It depends on the book, obviously.. how much demand is there for that issue in general? Also, some collectors value double covers, some don't. There really isn't any mathematical formula you can apply to arrive at a dollar amount.

I thought that for double-covers there are just two grades - the outer cover, and the inner cover. The grade for the inner cover is then the grade posted on the label?

I mean, how would you otherwise explain the double-cover 9.8 that's floating around where a huge chunk is torn out of the back cover?

I mean, how would you otherwise explain the double-cover 9.8 that's floating around where a huge chunk is torn out of the back cover?

Both covers are assigned a grade.

The overall grade of the book is the inner cover EXCEPT when there are problems with the interior pages of the book (staining, tanning, etc) that will drag down the overall grade of the book.

wk5loo.jpg

2ivn21j.jpg