• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do signature series fans get thier books personalized?

14 posts in this topic

I not a big fan of signed comics for some reason. I don't mind it so much on modern books and like the blank/sketch covers, but have never really embraced the concept of having someone sign a book 20 - 40 years after the fact.

I'm curious if Sig Series fans get their books personalized often? If not, why not?

I not a big fan of signed comics for some reason. I don't mind it so much on modern books and like the blank/sketch covers, but have never really embraced the concept of having someone sign a book 20 - 40 years after the fact.

I'm curious if Sig Series fans get their books personalized often? If not, why not?

I don't and don't remember ever getting a request for one.

Yeah, unless it is something you plan to never let go of then it wouldn't be a bad idea to get it personalized. I've been pondering over this for a while now whether to get a few of my books made out to me or not. But if you ever had to or wanted to resell a personalized book, like The_Boys said, I'm sure it's going to effect the value somehow since it is made out to someone else. Unless the buyer of course have the same name as the person the book is made out to.

If I did SS in person or sent comics to witnesses for the same, I'd love to get em personalized.

I don't care about resale potential since I buy for myself, not to speculate, so getting my name on a few books from the author or artist would be awesome.

I haven't. It would limit the resale value. With your name being Michael, you wouldn't want to own a book signed, "Thank you for standing in line. I bet your feet hurt, Drew. Chris Claremont"

:signfunny:

I haven't. It would limit the resale value. With your name being Michael, you wouldn't want to own a book signed, "Thank you for standing in line. I bet your feet hurt, Drew. Chris Claremont"

:signfunny:

Only for you, buddy. Only for you. :foryou:

I think I agree with you Mike on old vs. new books & the SS series. As for inscriptions vs. autographs, I have the same old vs. new problem but also there is the resale issue. It is like a convention sketch. I just don't wanna buy a sketch inscribed to MCMiles. That sketch is yours. Not mine.

Now post your Superman standee in General dude. It's sweet.