• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hard to find

57 posts in this topic

I completely agree with you Rip. Every single comic shop tends to have a disproprtionate number of marvel comics displayed than dc's on their walls. Id say to every 10 marvels displayed you see 2 or 3 dc's. Makes marvels a heck of a lot easier to find. cool.gif

Are there honestly ANY hard to find Marvel books?

Other than variants and books above 7.5

Yes - the late 60's/early 70's Marvel humor titles like Lil Kids, Petey (Peter the Pest), and Harvey (893scratchchin-thumb.gif it seems like there are a few others) are just about impossible to find in any grade. You just never see these books for sale!!

I see Lil Kids. I think A1 has some nice copies. Petey (Peter the Pest), and Harvey don't remember seeing too many. I remember the Lil Kids because Brian (the owner) said "Check these out." and showed me a high grade number 1 along with a few other high grade copies about a year ago.

Isn't conventional wisdom (e.g. Overstreet, Gary Carter) that More Fun Comics is the most difficult run to assemble? And likely the priciest! Ian Levine is missing 14 from that title. gossip.gif

Yeh, lots of people have VF+ copies.. and 9.0's are avail on Comiclink and MHC. I'm looking for a 9.2 or 9.4, never seen anything higher than a 9.0 smile.gif

Thanks though

Brian

P.S. Wow MHC 700 dollars..? Hate to see what they'd want for a 9.2, 2000 dollars? tongue.gif

There are quite a few Marvels tough in 9.2 or better. I'd be glad to admit that. I'd also be glad to admit MHC prices suck. But we were talking about rare books hard to find above 7.5. (I will however try to find a 9.2 for you)

But find a book like Tomahawk 116 in VF or better

True, it was low but what a great Adams cover. Superhero wise for Silver (However there's some debate on if its Silver) I'd say its got to be Detective 225 for rarity in high grade.

Well, preferably from the years when collecting really started picking up.. and super-hero books started catching on.. so like 60's tongue.gif

The only thing I could compare either of the two books you mentioned would be with a book that as put out 3 years earlier or a book that was put out 6 years later. wink.gif

Brian

Focus, people, focus... smile.gif

The original question was:

Im curious to know what all of you feel the most difficult DC and Marvel series is to complete, of any age?

We are not talking about rarity in grade - the issue is overall rarity... so, I'd have to think it's More Fun.