• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hard to find

57 posts in this topic

Im curious to know what all of you feel the most difficult DC and Marvel series is to complete, of any age? cool.gif

Based on board member Ian_Levine, I'd have to say either Buzzy or Scribbly.

Silver-Age:

In high grade those JIMs are hard to find.

In reader grade early FFs don't seem to be around in as great a number as many of the other Marvel series.

FF 1, 2, 5, 12, 13 seem to be the hardest to find clean Mid-grade (3.0 - 5.0) copies of. There seems to always be chipping, tape, water damage, popped staples, or color touch on them.

Hulk 1, 2, 3 are a close second.

Can't speak about DC...

Silver-Age:

In high grade those JIMs are hard to find.

In reader grade early FFs don't seem to be around in as great a number as many of the other Marvel series.

In my experience all the early Marvels are equally hard to find in high grade except Spidey, although there are a number of issues which are exceptions to that. JIMs have been popping up this year left and right, I assume because guys like Comgeek have realized how hard to find they are and have been prying them out of the hands of collectors.

This is not exactly a high caliber comic, but im having difficulty locating a high-grade copy of g.i.joe number 21,the silent issue from the origional series. Im trying to locate one as a christmas gift for my brother, but it never shows up at any shops or cons. Anyone know the actual print run on it by chance? cool.gif

Nice sig line. I was going to sell JLAF one of my many, many copies of G.I. Joe #21 in 9.8 for the low, low price of $20, but now I will punish YOU by punishing HIM! NO BOOK FOR YOU!

Ericc Von Chickenhumper, YOU SHALL KNOW THE UNMITIGATED PAIN AND AGONY THAT COMES WITH A PATENTED MAJORKHAOS (verbal) TONGUE-LASHING!!!!

mad.gif893censored-thumb.gifmad.gif893censored-thumb.gifmad.gif893censored-thumb.gifhi.gifflowerred.gif

I love how you enjoy yelling at people on a message board and pride yourself at being the best at it. Hmmm words on the internet when I will never meet you sleeping.gif

I thought I was kidding? YOU'RE the spiteful little masochist who started it. 27_laughing.gif

I'm surprised so many have chosen to post Marvel titles

Are people trying to find something other than Marvel titles? confused-smiley-013.gif

Of COURSE not, FF! If it's not Marvel, it's crepe!*

"Eeeexcellent."

burns.gif

*(Get it? A play on the word cr@p... but crepe is ALSO a type of paper noted for it's non-durability and complete uncollectability! The mind wobbles.)

I love how you enjoy yelling at people on a message board and pride yourself at being the best at it. Hmmm words on the internet when I will never meet you sleeping.gif

You sure you weren't actually being an a-hole to me yesterday on purpose? mad.gif