• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM AF #15

24 posts in this topic

The Bump does indeed exist. IMHO of course. BTW .... Either that or I can't grade a AF 15 to save my life...I'd like to think I am a fairly good grader. If anything I tend to under grade a bit. Steve Borock has a sales thread happening. I respect and trust his grading 100%. Take a look at the AF 15 he has/had for sale with his assigned grade. The AF 15 here look's to be in a bit better condition... Welcome to the boards BTW...

The Bump does indeed exist. IMHO of course. BTW .... Either that or I can't grade a AF 15 to save my life...I'd like to think I am a fairly good grader. If anything I tend to under grade a bit. Steve Borock has a sales thread happening. I respect and trust his grading 100%. Take a look at the AF 15 he has/had for sale with his assigned grade. The AF 15 here look's to be in a bit better condition... Welcome to the boards BTW...

Thanks, and I'll have a look at the other AF15 - I'm always keen to learn more.

I don't have any low-grade books and find them really hard to grade. Marvel chipping or not, the book is missing almost the entire right edge. That with the other defects makes it a 2.0 for me... I guess I'm just harsh on the low stuff!

While chipping deservedly causes a significant downgrade, it is a production rather than a handling defect, and is not treated as severely as handling defects like large tears or chunks missing.

Thanks to everyones opinion. I personally thought it was a 2.5, max. 3.0, but as TFL said, Steve Borock has an AF #15 up for sale and mine is either the same or slight better looking, but Steve B. graded his at 3.5, thats why I put mine up to get a feel for what others thought it would grade. I've seen AF #15 copies get a range of grades all over the map in lower grades .

While chipping deservedly causes a significant downgrade, it is a production rather than a handling defect, and is not treated as severely as handling defects like large tears or chunks missing.

What he said! Nice find...WTTB! :headbang:

(A 4.5 just sold on Clink for around $6K!)