• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So how did all the signings go this weekend?

6 posts in this topic

The Gene Colan signing at Lee's Comics went fantastic. It was a great surprise and pleasure to have both Steve Leialoha and Josef Rubistein joining Gene. Gene was in great spirits as he signed everything that was placed in front of him. For those of you who sent books to Desert Wind Comics, everything got signed. And we are especially excited to announce that Gene has asked Desert Wind Comics to represent his new litho that has a original sketch by Gene added to it. We will be starting a thread with photos to announce these new lithos. Please keep your eyes open. It was great to see several of the board members joining us at the signing as I know Gene loved seeing everyone out there. Finally, we would like to espeically thank Lee Hester for setting up this great opportunity and we hope to have more chances in the future to have more great signings at his store. Thank you Lee.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

The Jeff Smith signing went very well, though I didn't bring my camera to take any pictures. I kept Jeff busy with signing a ton of books, so no real time for sketches, unfortunately. I caught the tail end of the Gene Colan/Leialoha/Rubenstein signing, which was busy but fun, and got to talk to them and some fellow fans and collectors.

All in all, a fun weekend, an exhausting weekend full of twists and turns (but don't worry, gang, the books are SAFE) and now a lot of paperwork and sending in stuff to CGC... :) And getting ready for Wednesday and Thursday signings in Los Angeles...

Joel