• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rocky Mountain now a ped

120 posts in this topic

I think the collection should be designated for a Pedigree name.

Look the collection blows away the over-rated Don Rosa Collection, so I am glad Rocky Mountain got some credit.

Don Rosa is not a pedigree. It is a collection.

I am pretty sure you are wrong :foryou:

The Don Rosa Collection is considered a pedigree

No, I refuse to believe it. If I don't believe it, it isn't so. :cry:

Look the collection blows away the over-rated Don Rosa Collection, so I am glad Rocky Mountain got some credit.

http://www.cgccomics.com/resources/pedigree.asp

:foryou:

Do not try to assuage me with facts. I have been here too long. (tsk)

The Rosa collection was pretty extensive and had some nice books. Do you consider the Winnipeg pedigree to be overrated as well (I don't)?

The Winnipegs are obviously nice. I view that collection as a lower-middle of the road SA pedigree. From what I hear, I think that is how the community general views it. So, I don't think it is "overrated" at that rating. I would think of it as a respectable middle tier pedigree. White Mountain, Curator, Northland and Pacific Coast top it easily. Winnipeg competes with Green River, Boston, Circle 8 and the former Diamond Runs.

It's apparently considered both a pedigree and a collection. I mean, on labels it's referred to as the Don Rosa Collection. At the same time, it has made CGCs' list of pedigrees (something that warehouse finds like Mile High II have not).

Weird, no?

Do not try to assuage me with facts. I have been here too long. (tsk)

:sorry:

I didn't have the heart to tell Jim the Don Rosa is considered a pedigree collection because I just got on his good side.

:foryou: Doc

It's apparently considered both a pedigree and a collection. I mean, on labels it's referred to as the Don Rosa Collection. At the same time, it has made CGCs' list of pedigrees (something that warehouse finds like Mile High II have not).

Weird, no?

Agreed.

The Rosa collection was pretty extensive and had some nice books. Do you consider the Winnipeg pedigree to be overrated as well (I don't)?

Don Rosa

Migh High II

Winnipeg

Ok books, but nothing that blows my mind... (shrug)

Interesting...are there any Rocky Mountain TTA'/Hulks??

And where can I find the documentation, ie what books are in the collection???

:wishluck:

Don Rosa

Migh High II

Winnipeg

Ok books, but nothing that blows my mind... (shrug)

Bronze Winnipegs are fricking awesome. :sumo:

I didn't have the heart to tell Jim the Don Rosa is considered a pedigree collection because I just got on his good side.

:foryou: Doc

Good side? Dream on. :roflmao:

:gossip: Jim is a really cool guy everyone don't let him fool ya.

WATSON bought everyone dinner at the NYCC on Friday Night and let (along with Jim CGCWORLD) me an M-Keys stay at their hotel for free.

He is just a big softy! :shy:

It is still in the works. I have seen a few pages of it and it is very nice. A lot of hard work is going into it. However, unless I am mistaken, the first volume will only address the Golden age pedigrees.

Correct Sir.

Frankly, I take any new ped or collection announced by CGC with a grain of salt after Chuck was able to "negotiate" for including the MH II notations on a submission. A notation in which CGC will not continue should you resubmit...

Jim

Frankly, I take any new ped or collection announced by CGC with a grain of salt after Chuck was able to "negotiate" for including the MH II notations on a submission. A notation in which CGC will not continue should you resubmit...

Jim

Are you saying that a currently labeled MH2 would have it's designation stripped if it where to be resubmitted for whatever reason?