• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008/09 GRADING CONTEST : Round 9

138 posts in this topic

COW pages Round ends Friday night, same old same.

:news::: Note : Lower portion of the bottom staple has a tiny bit of rust and same size spot has migrated to the centerfold.

Good Luck lol

detectivecomics372013.jpg

detectivecomics372back014.jpg

:gossip: You younger guys probably can't relate, but my brother and I had to beg to stay up to watch this show and the Man From U.N.C.L.E. :grin:

Hmmmmm??? one funny show...and one serious show.....both about secret agents.........I bet you like 007 too !! :grin:

"Missed it by That Much"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now THAT's a :signfunny:

:roflmao:

:gossip: You younger guys probably can't relate, but my brother and I had to beg to stay up to watch this show and the Man From U.N.C.L.E. :grin:

Caught them both, frequently, in re-runs when I was a kid. I still get a kick calling him Ilya when I watch NCIS.

:headbang:

Get Smart and Man From U.N.C.L.E. Now there is some good T.V. My parents liked Agent 86 and 99... So I always got to watch it. The Cone Of Silence... Now that there is some funny stuff.... I had a good laugh watching the recent re make. Seeing Bernie Kopell, the original Zeigfreid get slammed from behind in his Corvette while talking to Agent 86 about crossing the road was too funny.....

I picked up a couple of pulps the other day - one was an issue of the Man from U.N.C.L.E.and the other was the second issue of The Girl from U.N.C.L.E. Pretty cool reads and original stories. I can't find these shows on reruns anymore - they were rampant when I was a kid...or maybe it was the original show I remember. hm

I picked up a couple of pulps the other day - one was an issue of the Man from U.N.C.L.E.and the other was the second issue of The Girl from U.N.C.L.E. Pretty cool reads and original stories. I can't find these shows on reruns anymore - they were rampant when I was a kid...or maybe it was the original show I remember. hm

We discussed Man from U.N.C.L.E. religiously (no pun intended...I attended Catholic school) every Monday morning at recess (it aired Sunday nights)...and played Man from U.N.C.L.E. all the time with everyone fighting to be Ilya Kiriakan...good stuff! And as part of my early collecting experience I had every single Man from U.N.C.L.E. paperback...if I recall I think they went up to about #17 or so... :headbang:

We discussed Man from U.N.C.L.E. religiously (no pun intended...I attended Catholic school) every Monday morning at recess (it aired Sunday nights)...and played Man from U.N.C.L.E. all the time with everyone fighting to be Ilya Kiriakan...good stuff! And as part of my early collecting experience I had every single Man from U.N.C.L.E. paperback...if I recall I think they went up to about #17 or so... :headbang:

And then, we'd have to further beg to stay up 5 minutes more at the end of the program to watch the "Exciting Scenes" from next week! :headbang:

And then, we'd have to further beg to stay up 5 minutes more at the end of the program to watch the "Exciting Scenes" from next week! :headbang:

I remember doing that. Do you remeber waiting for the tubes to warm up so the TV would work on Saturday morning?