• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008/09 GRADING CONTEST : Round 9

138 posts in this topic

"Missed it by That Much"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now THAT's a :signfunny:

:roflmao:

:gossip: You younger guys probably can't relate, but my brother and I had to beg to stay up to watch this show and the Man From U.N.C.L.E. :grin:

I picked up a couple of pulps the other day - one was an issue of the Man from U.N.C.L.E.and the other was the second issue of The Girl from U.N.C.L.E. Pretty cool reads and original stories. I can't find these shows on reruns anymore - they were rampant when I was a kid...or maybe it was the original show I remember. hm

We discussed Man from U.N.C.L.E. religiously (no pun intended...I attended Catholic school) every Monday morning at recess (it aired Sunday nights)...and played Man from U.N.C.L.E. all the time with everyone fighting to be Ilya Kiriakan...good stuff! And as part of my early collecting experience I had every single Man from U.N.C.L.E. paperback...if I recall I think they went up to about #17 or so... :headbang:

And then, we'd have to further beg to stay up 5 minutes more at the end of the program to watch the "Exciting Scenes" from next week! :headbang:

I remember doing that. Do you remeber waiting for the tubes to warm up so the TV would work on Saturday morning?

And the white dot in the middle of the TV set when you shut it off.

"Missed it by That Much"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now THAT's a :signfunny:

:roflmao:

:gossip: You younger guys probably can't relate, but my brother and I had to beg to stay up to watch this show and the Man From U.N.C.L.E. :grin:

I picked up a couple of pulps the other day - one was an issue of the Man from U.N.C.L.E.and the other was the second issue of The Girl from U.N.C.L.E. Pretty cool reads and original stories. I can't find these shows on reruns anymore - they were rampant when I was a kid...or maybe it was the original show I remember. hm

We discussed Man from U.N.C.L.E. religiously (no pun intended...I attended Catholic school) every Monday morning at recess (it aired Sunday nights)...and played Man from U.N.C.L.E. all the time with everyone fighting to be Ilya Kiriakan...good stuff! And as part of my early collecting experience I had every single Man from U.N.C.L.E. paperback...if I recall I think they went up to about #17 or so... :headbang:

And then, we'd have to further beg to stay up 5 minutes more at the end of the program to watch the "Exciting Scenes" from next week! :headbang:

I remember doing that. Do you remeber waiting for the tubes to warm up so the TV would work on Saturday morning?

No, but I remember having to take a burnt out tube to the drug store to replace it - they used to store them in a big glass cabinet with all kinds of weird numbers like HBG 47-5891 (as if that meant anything lol )

After 8 rounds here's how I've done:

Way undergraded (3 grades or more) = 3 times

1 grade under = 1 time

Bullseye = 2 times

1 grade over = 1 time

Way overgraded = 1 time

Let me know how you guys compare. We know point totals but I'd be interested to know whether the consensus on guesses is too high, too low or just about right.

Mike

1 grade under = 1 time

Bullseye = 2 times

1 grade over = 1 time

Way overgraded = 1 time

Let me know how you guys compare. We know point totals but I'd be interested to know whether the consensus on guesses is too high, too low or just about right.

Mike

Way under = 2

1 grade under = 2

Bullseye = 3

1 grade over = 1

1 grade under = 1 time

Bullseye = 2 times

1 grade over = 1 time

Way overgraded = 1 time

Mike

Way under = 2

1 grade under = 2

Bullseye = 3

1 grade over = 1

You've been more consistent than I have! (thumbs u