• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superstarcomics7 could really be Robojo33??

65 posts in this topic

Sorry to jump in on a thread that I realize has history with a fellow that ripped many folks off. I've read a few of the other threads about the overseas fellow, and glad I did as I came close to bidding on a few of his books. Huge benefit being on this forum!!

But this "superstarcomics" - does he sell out of Los Angeles, as I actually had a fantastic transaction with a dealer by the same handle, but he didn't sell raw books at the time. And, he actually could form sentences quite nicely.

Just didn't want the wrong "superstarcomics" getting a bad name if there are two out there.

The superstarcomics we are talking about is not based out of Los Angeles.

Thanks, as the guy in L.A. seemed very customer-focused.

This guy is Danny Quintana working out of his mom's basement (I assume lol ) in El Paso, Tx.

SG is this the same guy that was selling previously under another Ebay name?

This guy is Danny Quintana working out of his mom's basement (I assume lol ) in El Paso, Tx.

SG is this the same guy that was selling previously under another Ebay name?

Not sure. This is my first dealings with him as far as I can tell.

I just realized something after reading this entire topic. This fellow was blowing out Hulk 181's, ASM 129's, HOS 92's, and other key Bronze issues last year as if he was sitting on a case of them.

Goofy enough, I about went for his pitch as I was going to do a group purchase to get a "discount deal." But as soon as I asked for large photos just to reassure myself one more time, that is when he got nasty. Something along the lines of he didn't send large scans because thieves had figured out how to look at the properties of an image and trace it back to his house, and he now felt I was one of those thieves.

I had to dig back into emails and realized why that "superstarcomics" name seemed familiar.

After a few months I went back to check the feedback on those books, and a few folks that had submitted to CGC talked about touched-up books, purple labels, etc.

You folks pegged this guy!

Something along the lines of he didn't send large scans because thieves had figured out how to look at the properties of an image and trace it back to his house, and he now felt I was one of those thieves.

Because sending pictures over the internet is so much more likely to trace than mailing comics :makepoint:

Robo is now offering a nice 9.4/9.6 Journey into Mystery #86 which it turns out is a cracked out CGC 8.0 (Heritage Signature Auction #826 lot #42160). Study the scans and see for yourself. The identifying marks are tough to determine but they're the same. Robo's still peddling the crack.

well,i wish i had read this thread.or remembered reading it in the past.

i won a silver surfer 4 nm++ that just came back a cgc 8.0

i told him when i recieved the book that it was no higher than a 8.0/8.5 and he insisted that it was a 9.2 that he had cracked out..for me to send it to cgc with the other books i was shipping..so i did.i sent him the cgc scan i got and his reply,"cgc must be smoking crack".. a comment i read somewhere else on here..thats his standard reply...so now he offered me a $20 partial refund :roflmao:

funnyiest part of it all,im fighting with paypal over $1400 still owed to me,so im not using paypal,i paid with a postal money order. can i have him repremanded by ebay for accepting payment other than paypal?....any input.

and this book will be sold im asuming,with my tail between my legs,just to recoup anything...

surfer4.jpg

Dammit...I'M DUP!!!!!

don't any of you follow the "rumors" here?

You seem to be confusing your Is with your Us there, mate. (thumbs u

:roflmao:

Dammit...I'M DUP!!!!!

Confused?...CONFUSED? MOI???? I'm Danny Dupes,...now don't make me prove it by getting all pedantic on ya, mate :headbang:

i told him when i recieved the book that it was no higher than a 8.0/8.5 and he insisted that it was a 9.2 that he had cracked out..for me to send it to cgc with the other books i was shipping..so i did.i sent him the cgc scan i got and his reply,"cgc must be smoking crack".. a comment i read somewhere else on here..thats his standard reply...so now he offered me a $20 partial refund :roflmao:

funnyiest part of it all,im fighting with paypal over $1400 still owed to me,so im not using paypal,i paid with a postal money order. can i have him repremanded by ebay for accepting payment other than paypal?....any input.

and this book will be sold im asuming,with my tail between my legs,just to recoup anything...

surfer4.jpg

I saw that book and figure it for an 8.5

surfer4.jpg

after all the threads about Robojo33, you still went ahead and bought that from him...using a Postal MO no less? :tonofbricks:

Good luck with your case.

surfer4.jpg

after all the threads about Robojo33, you still went ahead and bought that from him...using a Postal MO no less? :tonofbricks:

At least it didn't come back PLOD. :eek:

surfer4.jpg

At least it didn't come back PLOD. :eek:

he would've been better off if it did....at least then he could get his money back meh

But Danny now buys 7.5 - 8.5 slabs that have great eye appeal, and says they are NM to NM+++ instead of passing off plods. Grading is subjective, remember. Legal Crook :sumo:

Dammit...I'M DUP!!!!!

Confused?...CONFUSED? MOI???? I'm Danny Dupes,...now don't make me prove it by getting all pedantic on ya, mate :headbang:

What a surprise. You've popped up in this thread. :P

BTW, still no confirmation from CGC management and Harshen that they know you. Nobody has stepped up to refute the fact you are a Dupcak shill.

Why do you call yourself Dups#it in text with ALL of your shill postings/accounts? It's a very predictable pattern.