• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Type of Mylar or Mylite Fits Best with Silver and Early Bronze Age Comics?

11 posts in this topic

I've always used the regular bag and board found at comic shops, but they get wavy after about 2-3 years. I've decided to buy higher quality stuff to put my comics in but I'm not sure exactly which kind is the best.

What size of mylar or mylite fits best with mid-late Silver and early Bronze age books? I've read that Silver Age mylars are a little too big with the board and the book tends to move around in the bag. Is that right?

So let's say you have a ASM 101. Would a mylite 2 regular size and fullback be too big or too small or fit just right? I just don't want the book to be so tight with the bag that it sticks to the front and makes it hard to get out. And I don't want it to be too loose that it moves around in the bag.

I use the 725M2 (7.25 " Mylites 2)

Do halfbacks or fullbacks go better with these 725M2s? Thanks for your help. I'm totally new to e. gerber stuff.

Either will fit, but I prefer Fullbacks with all my books regardless of age

I use the 725M2 (7.25 " Mylites 2)

Do halfbacks or fullbacks go better with these 725M2s? Thanks for your help. I'm totally new to e. gerber stuff.

I use both, fullbacks on the more expensive books and halfbacks on the others :)