• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

From a 5.0 Light tan to OW to a 1.8 with BRITTLE Paper. How????

45 posts in this topic

I was the seller of the book in the 2005 auction that Shield provided the old listing for.

I originally bought the book unslabbed from Metropolis, maybe in 2003 or 2004.

It was my second copy of the book. It was technically a higher grade than my older copy with a detached cover. I thought my other copy was more visually appealing so I later sold this copy to raise money for something else. I think that I found the CGC images in the Heritage archives at the time I was selling it so I used those as a reference to the book's grading history, since it was not slabbed when I purchased it.

The buyer of the book in my auction was Met, so I saw it listed on their site again shortly after I sold it.

I don't believe that the pages were brittle or even close to being brittle when I owned it. They were more tan than I preferred though.

I find it hard to believe that the book deteriorated so much in the past 4 years but I guess it's possible.

In regards to a prior comment about a slabbed book being safe from damage, any comic book that is left in prolonged heat is going to deteriorate whether it's slabbed or not so hopefully no one takes for granted that a slab protects a book from poor storage conditions.

Just thought I'd add my comments since I had previously owned and handled the book

That and or new damage caused by the brittle paper as Richie mentioned.(He smart that one)

If he's so smart, then why can't he choose between 2 books? (shrug)

My choice is both.

As Geddy Lee said, "even if you do not decide you still have made a choice!"

(worship)

Rock on wise Ze-man

RUSH

:headbang:

Those are actually Neal Peart's lyrics, but who's counting?

;)

And let's get them right....

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."