• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

sb27.jpg

This issue has traditionally been viewed as the scarcest Superboy of them all!

Common compared to 21 and 23. Overstreet is way off on some of this stuff.

Hey...don't you have a book to post today? :baiting:

Well, at the risk of annoying viewers with crass, showy scans of books already posted...

As #27 is forever linked with Batman, here are my Batman related #27s:

Here is another example of the silent joke theme on early World's Finest.

This issue is the Spokane copy.

WorldsFinest27.jpg

Batman #27 is the classic Christmas cover everyone knows.

This issue is the Spokane copy. In my opinion, Spokanes issues are often the best copy you can find of a particular book:

Batman27.jpg

The first appearance of Batman is probably one of the most recognized cover of any comic book. This is the first time I have ever shown my copy. Unfortunately, the layers in the fortress holder have caused some interference patterns and an overall damping down of the appearance, but it's still pretty to see...

det27a-1.jpg

...And a real in-your-face version!

det27a.jpg

The first appearance of Batman is probably one of the most recognized cover of any comic book. This is the first time I have ever shown my copy. Unfortunately, the layers in the fortress holder have caused some interference patterns and an overall damping down of the appearance, but it's still pretty to see...

That's a beauty. Restored?

Okay - I must post something without Batman in it...and since Iron Man #27 vol. 1 was already up ( & was prettier than mine) I give you #27 vol. 2 (or is it vol. 3?)

ironmanv227.jpg

And because she is my favorite character - not because it is a fabulous cover or even a good reprise of Hawman 4/Atom 19/Green Lantern 42:

secretorigins27.jpg

All hail fishnet stockings!

Happy hunting.

I have Never been able to get a copy of that one.

You've at least read the story, right? It's one of my favorite Rosa stories. I vividly remember reading it for the first time in my backyard in Oklahoma City way back in 1999 :cloud9:

Haven't posted any since #21 day. Thought I'd play catch-up. Sorry if any of these have been posted.

Another DC Funny Animal run with one Buzzy!

Raccoon Kids headed for a collision!!

AnimalAntics22.jpg

Cool Buzzy Thunderstorm black cover. Would love to find this one high grade.

Buzzy26.jpg

And the wolf still can't get one over on tha pig.

PeterPorkchops24.jpg

PeterPorkchops25.jpg

And the greatest Funny Animals of all...at least in my humble opinion...

RSC23.jpg

RSC24.jpg

And the last of my Three Mouseketeers

TTM22.jpg

TTM23.jpg

TTM24.jpg

TTM25.jpg

I'll post a few more and then dig out some #27's

Here's one last catch-up barrage for #22 - #26 days. Thought I'd show a few of my Supermans.

The mylars really show on these. Sorry.

Action Comics 25. First Wayne Boring Cover?

Action25.jpg

Another of my fave early Actions with a full moon cover.

Action26.jpg

Superman 22

Superman22.jpg

Superman 23. I know MrBedrock showed an awesome high grade slabbed 8.5 of this one. But I have just loved this cover since I was a kid in the early 70's. Ya almost feel sorry for what's gonna happen to those guys in the sardine can....NOT!!!!

Superman23.jpg

Now here's a sad one indeed. My first copy of Superman 24. This book is high grade with the exception of the bottom where Mr. Rat decided to have lunch. I mean it has brilliant color, off-white pages, quite supple, no creasing, high ink reflectivity.... just beautiful. :cry:

Superman24a.jpg:cry: :cry: :sick:

Here is my other 24. This copy never had staples!! Yep..got right thru and out the door to the stands without nary a one. And a poor cut to boot. I hate it when the top with the month dates are cut off. Still a nice copy. But still not happy with either of my copies. :pullhair:

Superman24.jpg

And for yesterday's #26.

Superman26.jpg

Not sure if I have time for #27's today. I'll try and come up with something.