• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

And my last batch for the day. A collection that took years to complete. Just found the last 2 last year. Both were issues in the 30's. Swing with Scooter issues #1-16 are quite common. But mid 20's thru #36 are tough! Especially the #30's issues.

yesterday

Scooter27.jpg

Today's 28

Scooter28.jpg

Looks like another water theme Jack. :grin:

I don't mean to be a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed but posting books a day late kinda misses the point of this thread.

However, if no one else cares then I'll shut up.

Crèpe :baiting:

One day late is fine with me. It's in the spirit of the thread. We're busy otherwise.

I don't mean to be a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed but posting books a day late kinda misses the point of this thread.

No problem...if it bothers you guys I won't post the days I missed from now on. Just am not able to do this everyday as I would like. :sorry:

ww28b.jpg

Totally bizarre perspective on this cover. Are the villains on the roof trying to push that rock down on Wonder Woman? How big are they? How big is the rock? (How did they get it up there?) Seems like they'd miss her by 100 yards. Such visual confusion -- yet a great copy of a cool cover.

Jack

Another for yesterday..

Real Screen 27

RSC27.jpg

Eye-popping, even with the stain!

I like that cover a lot.

I don't mind multiple images in a single post (as long as a dozen comments don't keep quoting the whole thing).

Jack

Another run I completed back in the 80's.

Yesterday's

SD27.jpg

Today's

SD28.jpg

Two beauties! Sea Devils sure had great covers for a second-rate series.

Pretty sophisticated to put "diatom" on a comic book cover (#27) -- I wonder if a lot of kids learned the word from this use.

Is #28 a genuine Adler washtone cover? Looks like it might be. Sharp copy!

Jack

The first Sea Devils

yesterday

Showcase27.jpg

Really great cover -- Heath, right?

I'm pretty sure this is a scan of my own copy, not a scavenged scan. I got lucky on this book. Not quite as pretty as yours, but in the same league. Similar (typical) top edge problems.

showcase27.jpg

Jack

Crèpe :baiting:

One day late is fine with me. It's in the spirit of the thread. We're busy otherwise.

Same here. Maybe 'round about day 263 we wouldn't want a full catch-up post, but some days people are too busy to assemble a post.

It's not my thread though.

Jack