• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Great set of 37s :applause:

Some of mine. I also have Airboy 37 but I'll have to scan it later -

I have a copy of that scan in my "elements" folder -- I wonder if it's yours. It cracks me up when them dang rustlers run off with a shoebox full of uranium.

73609.jpg

Great funny animal cover, especially the mean rabbit!

73608.jpg

Jack

Great set of 37s :applause:

Some of mine. I also have Airboy 37 but I'll have to scan it later -

I'm surprised at how many 37s I have scanned.

Mighty Mouse 37. Not much of a copy, but I really like the cartooning and the genre-mixing: superhero funny animal played as a western melodrama. Too bad it wasn't in outer space.

MightyMouse37.jpg

Abbott and Costello -- a weakened remake of an earlier cover.

AbbCost37.jpg

Aquaman 37. Someone beat me to it with a nicer copy.

aquaman37.jpg

Kid Colt Outlaw 37. Unusual cover with the Kid in a carriage. Dark and crowded, but interesting.

kidcolt37.jpg

All American Men of War 37, another of those unusual perspective covers. Nicer than BTH.

AAMOW37.jpg

Showcase 37 -- Metal Men are one of Silver Age favorites. Origin and first appearance! I'm pretty sure this is my own copy, which unfortunately lacks a back cover.

Showcase37.jpg

Here they are yakkin' away about their physical properties. Could comic books get more pedantic? But I love 'em anyway.

http://www.uky.edu/Projects/Chemcomics/assets/images/sc_37_7.jpg

Gang Busters 37

gangbusters39x.jpg

and the variant edition

gangbusterbunny.jpg

Mystery in Space 37

mystinspace37.jpg

Roy Rogers Comics 37

royrog37.jpg

Jack

Showcase 37 -- Metal Men are one of Silver Age favorites. Origin and first appearance! I'm pretty sure this is my own copy, which unfortunately lacks a back cover.

Not shocking that they are one of your favorites. I guess every single Metal Men comic is an element cover!

I always liked that each character has a unique personality tied to the characteristics of their metal, and the resulting banter between them. Most DC characters of the SA were pretty flat personality wise, but not the Metal Men.

I also loved the strange romance between Platinum and Doc Manus.

A side note: could it be a coincidence that Doc Magnus created the Metal Men, and a year later Gold Key came out with a character called Magnus Robot Fighter? hm

Not shocking that they are one of your favorites. I guess every single Metal Men comic is an element cover!

I always liked that each character has a unique personality tied to the characteristics of their metal, and the resulting banter between them. Most DC characters of the SA were pretty flat personality wise, but not the Metal Men.

I also loved the strange romance between Platinum and Doc Manus.

A side note: could it be a coincidence that Doc Magnus created the Metal Men, and a year later Gold Key came out with a character called Magnus Robot Fighter? hm

Certainly Doc Magnus, but maybe both from Albertus Magnus, the alchemist.

Albertus Magnus

Magnus is a pretty common Swedish first name, isn't it?

Jack

Kid Colt Outlaw 37. Unusual cover with the Kid in a carriage. Dark and crowded, but interesting.

kidcolt37.jpg

Is this from the "Hi, I'm Jack and I am a closet Western collector" collection? :baiting:

I agree it's an unusual cover and the dark background helps it. (thumbs u

kidcolt37.jpg

Is this from the "Hi, I'm Jack and I am a closet Western collector" collection? :baiting:

I agree it's an unusual cover and the dark background helps it. (thumbs u

What closet? I'm an omniphile! How do you think you got that swell Black Rider?

Jack