• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Have you all seen this greytone?

BigTown46.jpg

That's one of the more obscure greytones. I just checked and it's on the list that we made over in the greytone thread in the Silver Age forum, but I'm not sure it was actually posted there.

Day 46.

Surprisingly, I didn't have zat Airboy scanned already. Zut alors!

74132.jpg

Your Frainch -- she is get bet-tair! Muz be ze bonne influ-ence de books comique!

Dan Barry cover -- some of the better ones in the run. How many artists drew Airboy covers?

74134.jpg

I don't comment on the Señorita Rio covers often enough -- this one is especially attractive! Bright colors, wild situation with Mr Green Complexion up top (is that hook his hand or a tool?) and the grabby tigers. GCD says Doolin, which seems right to me.

Jack

jo46.jpg

Funny how Jimmy's age jumps all over the place. One minute he's a copy boy, then he's almost engaged to Lucy, then he's a kid in an orphanage.

Looks like the kid in the pink shirt is pulling the old "popcorn tub in the lap" trick on the girl with the hairbow.

Jack

Archie46.jpg

lol Love it!! Almost perfect enough to make me want to buy an Archie book :blush:

Did the girls dress like that in your high school? Somehow I've forgotten about the evening gowns and pearls.

Jack

Catholic school kid

WOW -- that's a pretty gutsy cover for a funny animal book. Wouldn't have flown post-code I bet, and it probably got pulled from some racks in the bible belt.

Jack

The sad part is that today it would be pulled out of CA because the cartoon character is smoking :tonofbricks:

I just realized I forgot to post this but it's such a great cover that I hope no one minds that it's a little late. One of my top 10 favorite greytones.

Ken

talesunexp43.jpg

I wish I had mine scanned. Believe it or not, it's almost as nice! Somewhere around high fine but the front cover displays better. I was surprised at the closing price on ebay a few years ago.

Jack

Selegue, Silver, and Seadevil - nice books! (thumbs u

:(

HAW! You will QUAIL at the majesty of Peter Porkchops!

Maybe you're left out because your name doesn't start with S -- but then where's Scrooge?

Jack

every pig has his day?

Have you all seen this greytone?

BigTown46.jpg

That's one of the more obscure greytones. I just checked and it's on the list that we made over in the greytone thread in the Silver Age forum, but I'm not sure it was actually posted there.

I've seen that one!

bigtown46.jpg

I think I posted mine there when I got it not too long ago -- at least I meant to.

Not in the same league as the condition of yours.

Jack

Disappointingly few 46s scanned.

The Adventures of Bob Hope 46, Sep-57

Probably Owen Fitzgerald (Pencils) and Graham Place (Inks) -- we had a long discussion of the cover artists at GCD when I was trying to index #43. Nice, simple cover on this one.

bobhope46S.jpg

Jack

Disappointingly few 46s scanned.

The Adventures of Bob Hope 46, Sep-57

Probably Owen Fitzgerald (Pencils) and Graham Place (Inks) -- we had a long discussion of the cover artists at GCD when I was trying to index #43. Nice, simple cover on this one.

bobhope46S.jpg

Jack

Good one Jack. I never see any Bob Hope's.