• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Well - not much scanned for 52 - but I did find a scan of the very first back-issue I bought for myself in the early 80's from Golden Age Collectables in Seattle. I didn't know squat about 'grading' so I was pretty happy with my purchase at the time and for several years after. Maybe I'll upgrade some day, but probably not.

Introducing Black Panther:

FF52.jpg

And the only other 52 I have scanned - & I have no idea why, but I have a bunch of these through issue 70 or so:

GHostrider52.jpg

Till tomorrow.

L

I have to say thanks to Silver for coming up with this creative thread. (thumbs u I joined the boards about a year ago and participated for a month or two and then got busy with life and did not come back until Silver called me and asked me to participate in the 365 thread. I've really enjoyed this and have been inspired to re-explore my Bronze and copper collection as I have always put my attention towards the Gold, Atom and Silver-age books.

Now these Bronze and Coppers are classic and have come into there own. And I purchased most all the DC's right off the racks/stands through the 70's and from 1982 on my local comics shop. I also have a near complete Marvel Bronze Horror collection. Most of those titles with the exception of Tomb of Dracula the numbers didn't get very far.

I'm finding that most of my 70's issues are still in their original (now yellowed) poly bags never boarded and show it by some spine crinks here and there on several and some curling as they would lay low in the boxes. :odoh! I've always assumed they were all nm condition. :cry: The collection probably averages VF+, many better but a few a tad less. I just completely ignored maintaining these as I collected Silver & gold. all comics 1982 until I quit purchasing them in 1994 (in order to buy old books only) were bagged and boarded. :acclaim:

However..I do come across some 9.0 plus in my 70's Bronze books here and there. :grin:

Just wanted to share how this has been a fun experience and hope you all have enjoyed the tid-bits from my archive. Now I've a long rainy weekend to re-bag/ board and photograph the collection. My goal is 450 books rebagged, photographed front and back all this weekend. :tonofbricks: I did 300 the past week in the evenings after work. :insane:

I cannot express how cool your books are, they make me want to dance - thanks for sharing with us.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Wow...I just checked this thread out. Great idea, but are we restricted to raw or are slabs welcome? Thanks and count me in to this one. For the time being, I'll start with a raw book.

Just don't expect me to compare with Bob's (namisgr) books. (worship)

Wow...I just checked this thread out. Great idea, but are we restricted to raw or are slabs welcome? Thanks and count me in to this one. For the time being, I'll start with a raw book.

Raw or slabbed. Please come in and share your books. (thumbs u

Thanks, Scroogie. Glad to join in. This is one of my faves...

2ij5fkm.jpg

Thanks, Scroogie. Glad to join in. This is one of my faves...

2ij5fkm.jpg

Great era for Green Lanterns. I loved grabbing these out of quarter bins in the '80s. Great books and a great cover to start with. Keep em coming Silver.

Great era for Green Lanterns. I loved grabbing these out of quarter bins in the '80s. Great books and a great cover to start with. Keep em coming Silver.

You got it, PK. Was Gil Kane the man or what? There's (maybe) a half-dozen covers he did that I didn't love.

Unfortunately, he'll have to take a back seat on day 55, at which time I will post one of my favorite covers of all time. ;)

I have to say thanks to Silver for coming up with this creative thread. (thumbs u I joined the boards about a year ago and participated for a month or two and then got busy with life and did not come back until Silver called me and asked me to participate in the 365 thread. I've really enjoyed this and have been inspired to re-explore my Bronze and copper collection as I have always put my attention towards the Gold, Atom and Silver-age books.

Now these Bronze and Coppers are classic and have come into there own. And I purchased most all the DC's right off the racks/stands through the 70's and from 1982 on my local comics shop. I also have a near complete Marvel Bronze Horror collection. Most of those titles with the exception of Tomb of Dracula the numbers didn't get very far.

I'm finding that most of my 70's issues are still in their original (now yellowed) poly bags never boarded and show it by some spine crinks here and there on several and some curling as they would lay low in the boxes. :odoh! I've always assumed they were all nm condition. :cry: The collection probably averages VF+, many better but a few a tad less. I just completely ignored maintaining these as I collected Silver & gold. all comics 1982 until I quit purchasing them in 1994 (in order to buy old books only) were bagged and boarded. :acclaim:

However..I do come across some 9.0 plus in my 70's Bronze books here and there. :grin:

Just wanted to share how this has been a fun experience and hope you all have enjoyed the tid-bits from my archive. Now I've a long rainy weekend to re-bag/ board and photograph the collection. My goal is 450 books rebagged, photographed front and back all this weekend. :tonofbricks: I did 300 the past week in the evenings after work. :insane:

This is the fun in collecting...rediscovereing your gems & being able to share them. I can't thank you enought for everything you have shot! :applause:

This is the fun in collecting...rediscovereing your gems & being able to share them. I can't thank you enought for everything you have shot! :applause:

I second that. And your enthusiasm itself brings a lot to the thread. It's nice to know that there are folks out there who are as passionate about these frail pieces of simpler times as I am.