• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

TTA54.jpg

At least they got out of that #$%^ lame-villain-bait apartment. Probably Jan's idea.

Jack

But he looks petrified. "It's crazy out here. I want to go home!"

I have a few 54s ready to go.

Classics Illustrated 54. Element cover! Almost sure that's a scan of my own HRN 55 copy, but there's a chance it's a higher grade scan scavenged from the web. Is there a perjury penalty if I'm wrong?

ci054.jpg

The Savage Sword of Conan 54 Jul-80. I'm not a big Conan fan -- I won these almost by accident. Norem cover.

savsword54.jpg

This cover totally cracks me up! Mr. District Attorney 54 Dec-56.

Attack of the ten-pound fly! I actually have two copies, this other one a beater.

mrdistatt54.jpg

Tip Top Comics 54 Oct-40. United Feature Syndicate -- a total beater with missing pages, but the 1st Triple Terror story (featuring Chemix) is complete! 1st Mirror Man too -- a classic.

TipTop54.jpg

It's fun to see some interior pages. An odd element page -- "Iron cannot live eternally..." (Huh?) -- from the Doctor Drew story in Rangers Comics 54. It can't be my scan because I don't own a copy. Scrooge maybe?

Rangers54DrDrewPage6.jpg

Sorry, two repeats "for comparison"

Mystery in Space 54. That must be my own copy, looking at the bottom edge.

MIS54.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man 54. "Extra" copy won for an irresistible price. My news stand copy is better but unscanned and out of reach.

asm54.jpg

Jack

One from the 40's..

I always liked this Superman cover.

Superman54.jpg

The World's Greatest Adventure Character sits and watches the pool all day.

On day 50 I showed a barrage of #50's from the 1950's. I pulled some more 50's books out over the weekend for today...

Two Funny Characters...I haven't shown any of my Jerry Lewis covers....

JL54.jpg

Sadly beat but complete Judy.....

Judy54.jpg

It's fun to see some interior pages. An odd element page -- "Iron cannot live eternally..." (Huh?) -- from the Doctor Drew story in Rangers Comics 54. It can't be my scan because I don't own a copy. Scrooge maybe?

Yes, and the leading yesterday was mine too. Glad to see you've been saving 'em. Now to update the website ...

Nice Conan (thumbs u

On day 50 I showed a barrage of #50's from the 1950's. I pulled some more 50's books out over the weekend for today...

Two Funny Characters...I haven't shown any of my Jerry Lewis covers....

JL54.jpg

Sadly beat but complete Judy.....

Judy54.jpg

Fantastic! Nice-looking Jerry -- one I don't have.

Is that the first Judy on the thread? Rats -- too late to name our son Oogie.

Jack

Mystery in Space 54. That must be my own copy, looking at the bottom edge.

MIS54.jpg

Jack

hm I think it's yours. I think I sold it to you.

Yes, and the leading yesterday was mine too. Glad to see you've been saving 'em. Now to update the website ...

It's not only time to update it -- it's LONG overdue.

Thanks for the scans -- I thought they were both yours. They're stashed away safely for eventual addition.

Nice Conan (thumbs u

Thanks!

Jack