• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

My copy of Lois 56 isn't as nice as Silver's. (thumbs u

(C'mon, someone here must want to sell me your nice copy - CGC anyone?)

Signed by Howard Chaykin but planning on upgrading it this week.

Marvel-Premiere-56.jpg

I should have known you'd beat me to that one.

No signature on mine but nice for the price. (Why do I have a nearly complete set of this series?)

premiere560001.jpg

Jack

I'd say this is Andru.

SH56.jpg

I would have too -- the faces, especially the eyes -- but after the discussion the other day I checked Jerry Bails' Who's Who.

Andru is not listed as working on Secret Hearts at all. I thought maybe I was fooled by Esposito inks, but he's only listed in 1969. Could it be Sekowsky and/or Sachs?

Jack

Maybe my best -- Blackhawk 56. One of my favorite of the Quality set. DC reused it, but this version is stronger. Reed Crandall!

Blackhawk56.jpg

Crack Comics 56.

Why is this scan in my directory but the book isn't on my list? Maybe it's one I intended to buy but didn't. Here's the cover anyway.

Crack56.jpg

We've seen this, but it's a nice one despite the stamps and the 1.8 grade! Fight 56, one of my few slabs (but I'm not at liberty to show the label).

fight56ed.jpg

The Adventures of Jerry Lewis 56 with just a kiss of distributors ink.

AdvJerryLewis56.jpg

Police Comics 56 -- pretty, isn't it? Hard to capture the yellow on a scan.

Police56.jpg

Jack

Maybe my best -- Blackhawk 56. One of my favorite of the Quality set. DC reused it, but this version is stronger. Reed Crandall!

Blackhawk56.jpg

Jack

Jack,

Back in 1983 Superman / Blackhawk Movie Serial actor Kirk Alyn told me the War Wheel cover issue of BH was his favorite issue.

Blackhawk56.jpg

Jack

Jack,

Back in 1983 Superman / Blackhawk Movie Serial actor Kirk Alyn told me the War Wheel cover issue of BH was his favorite issue.

Obviously a man of refined taste!

Thanks,

Jack

I'd like to get a few more of these...

Judy56.jpg

Wow!! JohnT...where'd you dig this beaut up at? I have over half of the Date with Judy's but it's an overall low grade collection. That's how I picked it up. Pretty much all from the same collection. Nice copy!!! :cloud9:

Well....running late today...and Silver posted last night!! Dang!! Looks like most of my barrage has allready been shown today as well. Well...hech...I'm gonna show 'em again anyhow...Even though some of mine are pretty shabby!!!

King of the Seas. Final issue of the original run before the reprisal.

Aquaman56.jpg