• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Jerry57.jpg

Very nice -- one of my favorite Jerry Lewis covers. Bob Oksner (if it's not Owen Fitzgerald. Will I ever keep them straight?) showing off his girlies. I thought I had a copy of this book but it's not on my list. I must be thinking of a similar Bob Hope caveman cover.

Jack

From my shabby Judy collection...Somehow she always looks grand..

Judy57.jpg

Anorexic!

Really heavy inks on this cover, aren't there?

I'm enjoying this series. The colors are so intense that who cares about a worn corner?

Jack

57 day with Hubley and Ravenscroft!

My favorite 57, The Brave and the Bold 57 with the origin and first appearance of Metamorpho.

I have more than one copy -- you can never have too many of this one -- and multiple scans on my disk. I think this is my own VF copy

BraveBold_57_small.jpg

and this is a recent reader from skypinkblu

braveandbold57.jpg

We've seen My Greatest Adventure already (nice copy too) but check this one out:

mga57.jpg

At the time I won it, almost by accident, it was the highest graded copy according to the seller. I'm not enough of a label-chaser to know whether it still is.

mga57label.jpg

Our Fighting Forces 57, and not a beater like most of my war comics.

OFF57.jpg

Plastic Man 57 with a fun "mad scientist" cover. I showed the pre-code version a few weeks ago. I'm pretty sure this is an unenhanced scan of my own copy.

plasticman570001.jpg

Jack

You do have some nice copies Jack. Your B&B may be better'en mine cause mine has the back cover roll-over the spine print defect treatment that I despise so well.

57? we're already to 57? OK, ok...Dr. DOOM!

FF57.jpg

and Lost in Space? I have no idea where this came from, but it is in my boxes...must've been a bulk purchase item.

LOS57.jpg

that's all folks...till tomorrow.

Jerry57.jpg

Very nice -- one of my favorite Jerry Lewis covers. Bob Oksner (if it's not Owen Fitzgerald. Will I ever keep them straight?) showing off his girlies. I thought I had a copy of this book but it's not on my list. I must be thinking of a similar Bob Hope caveman cover.

Jack

:applause: Great taste. Too bad the interiors aren't always as fun ...

# 57 (with one repeat) -

74880.jpg.be17cb3b046d933a329f411f3650b36b.jpg

74881.jpg.e49bcffe5ea43da59b3c6be3227422fc.jpg

74882.jpg.076571a25032b81fe3221e44b1caaf1e.jpg

74883.jpg.4491b1dde3862828235e4d89982278fc.jpg

74884.jpg.2279cf1f15424efff0ad8d5c6edddd76.jpg

From my shabby Judy collection...Somehow she always looks grand..

Judy57.jpg

Grand indeed, and that's why I'd like to get some more! Nice blue cover.

Ever since the first issues of Fox & Crow and the Real Screen issues that pesky Crawford Crow has always managed to chisel Fauntelroy Fox outta his groceries.....Looks like their gonna fall right in his hot hands here before foxxy even gets them home to tha fridge.

FoxCrow57.jpg

Great cover gag! Makes me want to flip the page and see Fox disappear.

One from the 70's that I had photographed already...

And continuing .......

Aquaman57.jpg

That reminds me, I was going to continue the Aquamans into the BA. But if you've got them scanned I won't bother. I love the Aparo covers on this short-lived run.

How many of you recall the Atomic Knights on another cover other than Strange Adventures #144?

I didn't know that! Love the Atomic Knights. Still need to find a few of their appearances. I might have this one, though. I'll have to check.

One from the 70's that I had photographed already...

And continuing .......

Aquaman57.jpg

That reminds me, I was going to continue the Aquamans into the BA. But if you've got them scanned I won't bother. I love the Aparo covers on this short-lived run.

John T...yes I have all the Aquamans shot from the 70's. I may even have some later series. The Aparo covers compliment the 70's as the Cardy covers did the 60's. I had forgotten how cool these 70's Aquaman covers were. They even have a bit of 60's feel about them.

How many of you recall the Atomic Knights on another cover other than Strange Adventures #144?

I didn't know that! Love the Atomic Knights. Still need to find a few of their appearances. I might have this one, though. I'll have to check.

When the Atomic Knights stories were reprinted in STRANGE ADVENTURES, they appeared on the cover of STRANGE ADVENTURES #223 and although they didn't appear on the cover, the Atomic Knights story, The Cavemen Of New York made the cover of STRANGE ADVENTURES #219.

I have these issues but don't have access to them right now, so I got these images from the internet.

74893.jpg.3309b7ff6ad76c98cd5c62a6051e7c10.jpg

74894.jpg.3d81fd383fd8ed87f9f7adf2bb744518.jpg