• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Okay, time to start digging in the BA.

This was a major event when it came out. Restart of a classic series.

ASC58.jpg

I wish that cover didn't remind me so much of Archie's Mighty Crusaders covers from the 60s.

Jack

And one more little backtrack...I know I have more 58's but it's too much work to keep digging...

No need to! Between you and Mica (Mica's in da house :headbang:) I am already in sensory overload. Love that Tarzan too (thumbs u

58 - Let's see: the last cover from Mike Grell's Green Arrow run that I will post, one which belongs on any list of classic skull covers as far as I am concerned.

Greenarrow58.jpg

and it comes with a story - last time I saw Mike I mentioned this cover as a favorite of mine and he recalled that his editor wasn't impressed when he sent it in, called it "A quintessention Grell cover: rain, arrow, skull, and nowhere to be seen the title character." He left me with the impression that it wasn't well received.

Do you dare enter...oh yeah..that was later on...

HOM58.jpg

Bill Ely according to GCD, but the organ-grinder's face sure looks like Kirby's work.

Jack

Classic Ely jowls.