• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Here is my favorite Ditko cover. Kind of reminds me of a famous Silver Age comic with a monster coming up out of the ground...

JIM_58a.jpg

That's one of my favorite monster names, too. RRO!!!!!! (Pronounced "RRO")

59!

Looney Tunes and Merry Melodies 59 just found last night for the Funny Animal Fest.

ltmm59.jpg

Ha Ha Comics 59 -- also posted on Funny Animals -- a great, black Halloween cover!

HaHaComics59.jpg

The Adventures of Jerry Lewis 59

AdvJerryLewis59.jpg

It's a Smash!

smash590001.jpg

Jack

Borrowed from an Avon paperback cover? Have you matched this one to its source?

:gossip: It's an Ace book ... so I didn't try. (thumbs u

DUH!

I meant Ace. It looks like a swiped paperback cover, doesn't it?

Jack

Yes, it does. The problem with Ace is that they put out so many pulps that in all likelihood it's a re-used pulp cover and there are no extensive pulp cover database as there is for ppbs.

Borrowed from an Avon paperback cover? Have you matched this one to its source?

:gossip: It's an Ace book ... so I didn't try. (thumbs u

DUH!

I meant Ace. It looks like a swiped paperback cover, doesn't it?

Jack

Yes, it does. The problem with Ace is that they put out so many pulps that in all likelihood it's a re-used pulp cover and there are no extensive pulp cover database as there is for ppbs.

I see -- but if anyone could match it, it's you with your photographic image memory!

Jack

Okay people....I know I've been getting carried away on the images cause I've been taking 100's of photos. I have 22 different 59's uploaded to my photobucket ready to go. 8 of them are not DC's and...amazingly...none of the 22 books have been shown today so far.

Should I post all 22? Or should I just select a few of them. Not sure if I'm ticking others off by showing so many... (shrug) Please give me some input. Otherwise...I don't know...I may just show a few. But it's no problem to blast out all 22.