• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

I've always liked that JLA cover. Can't see it enough...I believe I repeated most all of John T's DC books today...AS others have mentioned...it's about sharing your collection. Not a contest. SOme of my books are High Grade and as you've seen some are beaters. :cry:

Does EVERYONE love this cover or what? Yeah me too:

JLoA60-2.jpg

I couldn't put my finger on why, but the cover resonates with nearly everyone that digs SA.

Evil Villainess...Super-Heroines.....cool green background... (shrug) What more could you ask for?

WooHoo # 60. A milestone in a way and a good time to thank Silver for thinking about creating this thread. It's been fun every day. Thanks Silver :headbang:

Now, time for crabs :sick: ... and only 3 60 (eheh) :insane:

Are you personally acquainted with the Crabmen of Paris (or perhaps their lady friends)?

75059.jpg

Yet another funny animal superhero western melodrama genre mixture!

Interesting how this part of the St John Mighty Mouse run jumped around among science fiction, silly superheroics, western and an occasional gag.

How was this cover done? Airbrush?

75060.jpg

Jack

Here's a true classic Silver Age book, courtesy of Murphy Anderson and the Golden Age.

Showcase60-1.jpg

Beautiful copy!

I really like Anderson's take on the Golden Age heroes, with this being one of this best covers. Spectre's own series really fizzled for me when Anderson left -- yes, including Adams' covers. The constipated Wildcat on #3 -- yeesh!

Jack

WooHoo # 60. A milestone in a way and a good time to thank Silver for thinking about creating this thread. It's been fun every day. Thanks Silver :headbang:

Now, time for crabs :sick: ... and only 3 60 (eheh) :insane:

75061.jpg

Including this fine uranium splash page, courtesy of Scrooge a while back.

Fight60SenoritaRioMoreUranium.jpg

Thanks,

Jack