• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

bought this as a NM from CBG in 1987 lol

sb64.jpg

Yeah...the CBG near mints are the precurser to the Ebay near mints for sure. I recall being very dissapointed with several CBG buys in the 70's and early 80's.

Course...Jack Hunt...Robert Bell and Howard Rogofsky were the worst. Remember those ads in the comics back then....? :roflmao:

Today's Funny Animal pick....Another short lived self-titled run with numbering carried over from DC's "Funny Folks"...series

NutsySquirrel63.jpg

I never finished looking over the 63s!

Odd cover -- nicely drawn, but kind of a lame-o gag. Someone was in a hurry maybe.

Jack

How about a little Romance......

GirlsLoveStories63.jpg

The two "Girls'" 63 covers are terrific! I like the layout on the storm one, and certainly a very different situation than the usual tearful babe stalking her stolen man or sobbing on a bed.

GirlsRomances63.jpg

This one's great too. Nice sense of action in that slap -- you can almost hear it! Effective coloring on both.

The Heart Throbs cover didn't impress me as much.

I need to learn to ID these romance artists. The man's face is almost the same on these two -- same artist, I presume.

Jack

I'll start the # 64. No Airboy today :(

No Airboy?! Vol 6 #4 or #5? I'll let you know if I spot one.

75315.jpg

Oh, c'mon, Scrooge, this Tiger Girl cover is better than "OK", even though it's the foot-hiding artist again. What are those animals attacking her, jackals?

75313.jpg

HAW! A little visual pun by the artist? You can't tell me that the placement of the two guns with the comment "empty holsters" is an accident. The old emasculation innuendo strikes again, like "unmasking" on superhero covers.

Jack

:o

AAMOW_64.jpg

A classic "how bad a shot can that soldier be?" cover. Jeez, point blank to the nether regions. Blondie's in trouble, if you ask me.

Great coloring, especially on the jungle greenery. Where is the cover story set? Must be a Pacific island, right?

Jack